Any suggestions?
Mar 13, 2012 at 3:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Tsquaredjr

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, Im getting new head phones soon and wanted some suggestions/ideas. So what I want is: over the ear headphones that have good sound quality, some good looks and fit the head good. If someone could help me out please post. Thank you.

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Stating your price range would help get more suggestions.

In the mean time, here's another good guide for you with lots of up to date choices: 
http://www.head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:12 PM Post #5 of 13
Good sound quality? Uhm...wow, ok.

Ultrasone Edition 8
Sennheiser HD 800
Sennheiser HD 650
HiFiMAN HE-500, HE-6,HE-300
Audez'e LCD-2 rev 2, LCD-3
Any of the Stax models
AKG K701/702

Some of my favorites..

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #10 of 13
HD-25's Adidas version? good looks, and tight bass. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 13

Quote:
It's not like most of those models are available at your local Best Buy.  The way many hear Stax/Senn/Audeze etc is at meets- most who attend them are Head-Fi members.  It intrigues me - were you an avid meet-goer before being a member or did you go to meets first and decide to join up?  

Or auditioning them at higher end shops/acquaintances/purchasing? Admittedly I've only heard the 007s from stax and the first revision of the LCD-2s but if the only perameter is "sound quality" and those are regarded as being better than their lower end models I assumed I could throw them in. 

Mar 13, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #12 of 13
Always a possibility.  That's what interested me.  But high end shops that deal in the headphone market are pretty rare and I assumed you didn't purchase them.  I guess my statement did seem like a leading question - to the "don't suggest gear you haven't heard."

To the OP, you need to specify:

1: Portable or home use?
2: Closed/Open?
3: Budget (I assume you're not just asking hypotheticals)
4: Ancillary budget if any (amp/dac/source)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back