Any suggestions for analytical sounding IEMs under 100$? the cheaper the better....
Dec 12, 2012 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

akshayshah12

New Head-Fier
I have so far a collection of slightly bass heavy to bass boomy IEMs and want to try now analytical sounding IEMs (should not be completely boring sounding though). Also please suggest a good portable MP3 player that can handle lossless audio formats and enough space to store such files on it. Also would like to have recommendation for a good portable DAC/Amp for it.

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:34 PM Post #3 of 5
thanks. I was considering HiFiman RE0. they are quite cheaper at ;least 40 bucks. How are they as compared to these? Read lot of mixed reviews @ them. According to many they are highly analytical and little pleasure to listen but some feel they are not as cold as people think.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 5
The HF-5 are more durable, have a better waranty, one of the best for isolation and slightly more accurate across the freqency range. Also easier to drive.
I have both, and enjoy them equally. hf5 when i'm on the road, re0 when at home.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
thanks. I was considering HiFiman RE0. they are quite cheaper at ;least 40 bucks. How are they as compared to these? Read lot of mixed reviews @ them. According to many they are highly analytical and little pleasure to listen but some feel they are not as cold as people think.

The RE0 seem to have better texturing over the HFs to my ears.  They also sound a tad bit warmer.  Highs are also a lot softer and less strident as well.  However, the HFs destroy the RE0 in the midrange, especially the upper midrange.  It's really a sense of preference though.  Their differences are smaller than I state, I do need to clarify that :wink:

*NOTE: this is from memory, my RE0s are not in a working condition any longer :frowning2:  I wish they were, I loved those things :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back