Any Suggestion For IEM or Closed Headphones Under $82 from Amazon etc.
Oct 9, 2016 at 9:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Burakksglu

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,first of all let me introduce myself to you guys.I'm male,20 from Turkey.I'm a big fan of music.I started my journey with cheap Creatives,Philips etc. My first over ear headphone was Senn HD202II East,after that I bought Sony MDR-V55 and Urbanears Medis.They were all great budget headphones in Turkey,espacially the Urbanears's Medis.Great seperation for cheapest choice of these 3.

As you can see I used both bass-heavy and mid-heavy(to my ears :D) headphones. What I'm looking for is right now details in music,because of the bands and composers that I like.I both like great soundstage and detailing in music,like I wanna explore through it.(Yeah,you guys all know what it feels like I guess :D)

Btw. I'm using HTC10 as my audio device right now,I think I don't need AMP with this phone.I hope I'm right.

So while I was searching and digging through forums,I came across ATH-M50X and JVC Victor HA-FX90T.They're all above my budget but I heard good things about FX90T.I also came across IM50 and IM70 from ATH.If I can find under 82$ they look like the best choice for my present knowledge.

I also try this new 2-3 driver IEMs to start a new journey for my ears.

Here's why my budget is 82$."Import fees..." After 82$,I'll pay fees to goverment and Amazon will take care of it for me.But my choice is not to,unless you guys really get in to my brain :D

Sorry for my English,not native.Feel free to ask if you have any misunderstanding. 

Oct 9, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #2 of 8
  Hey guys,first of all let me introduce myself to you guys.I'm male,20 from Turkey.I'm a big fan of music.I started my journey with cheap Creatives,Philips etc. My first over ear headphone was Senn HD202II East,after that I bought Sony MDR-V55 and Urbanears Medis.They were all great budget headphones in Turkey,espacially the Urbanears's Medis.Great seperation for cheapest choice of these 3.

As you can see I used both bass-heavy and mid-heavy(to my ears :D) headphones. What I'm looking for is right now details in music,because of the bands and composers that I like.I both like great soundstage and detailing in music,like I wanna explore through it.(Yeah,you guys all know what it feels like I guess :D)

Btw. I'm using HTC10 as my audio device right now,I think I don't need AMP with this phone.I hope I'm right.

So while I was searching and digging through forums,I came across ATH-M50X and JVC Victor HA-FX90T.They're all above my budget but I heard good things about FX90T.I also came across IM50 and IM70 from ATH.If I can find under 82$ they look like the best choice for my present knowledge.

I also try this new 2-3 driver IEMs to start a new journey for my ears.

Here's why my budget is 82$."Import fees..." After 82$,I'll pay fees to goverment and Amazon will take care of it for me.But my choice is not to,unless you guys really get in to my brain :D

Sorry for my English,not native.Feel free to ask if you have any misunderstanding. 

For $82, your choices are a little limited. But I would go with the ATH-M40X's hands down. Best sounding closed headphones for under $100 period.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=m40x

These are closed headphones, so they don't have a massive wide-open sound stage (although they are still pretty good). They may also get warm on the ears over long periods of listening (as most closed headphones do). But for the money, they are one of the most beautiful sounding headphones for the money. Crisp highs, tight punchy bass, subdued mids that sort-of warm up after the headphone break in time. I've compared against the M50X's, and I would still buy the M40X's even if I had the higher budget, they're just better overall. The M40X's are not as bass heavy as your previous headphones, so they may sound a little "lacking" at first. But your ears will adjust - these are very neutral sounding headphones that done overemphasize anything too much.

I just did a ton of research on this price category not too long ago. There are a couple others worth mentioning, but this is at the top of my list for sure.

Oct 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #3 of 8
https://www.amazon.com/Havi-B3-Dual-Driver-Earphones/dp/B00LXRIBI2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1476023188&sr=8-1&keywords=havi+pro+b3

This is a very balanced and highly detailed IEM, with a wide soundstage. It is highly regarded and for the price you pay you are getting a lot of quality. I'm not to sure about the HTC10 in terms of power so you'd need to look into that. The Havi does best with power behind it.

You could also look into some decent budget IEMs, some of the cheaper Asian models have wonderful sound

HiSoundAudio Flamenco ... This has really detailed mids and superb highs but also has lovely bass response, very nimble and quick with goosd weight. I have sets around the £200 mark that aren't as fun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisoundaudio-Flamenco-Earphones-UK-Seller-Lightning-Fast-Dispatch-/222259287667?hash=item33bfaf9673:g:dcQAAOSwmtJXbmhZ

Oct 10, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #5 of 8
Thank you Aaron I'll follow m40x prices.Btw can you compare having b3 vs m40x.I know they're different.But I'm student and I use public transportation mostly.So I want flexibility but not my priority for sure.Should I sacrifice sound quality for this? If there's not much of a difference between these in terms of sound quality,why not? I do carry my headphones in a bag for different listening.

Oct 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 8
Thank you Aaron I'll follow m40x prices.Btw can you compare having b3 vs m40x.I know they're different.But I'm student and I use public transportation mostly.So I want flexibility but not my priority for sure.Should I sacrifice sound quality for this? If there's not much of a difference between these in terms of sound quality,why not? I do carry my headphones in a bag for different listening.

I've never listened to the B3's. I have the most IEM experience with Ultimate Ears to be honest. I would say if you're going for convenience, IEM's are going to be your best bet. However, I haven't heard a set of IEM that sound nearly as good as over-ear headphones until you get into the $300+ custom IEM market. They just don't have the driver size to sound amazing. Some sound really great, but for pure audio listening experience, I'd always go for over-ear. 

I just read an article recently that peaked my interest. The Verge did an article on a series called "Carbo Tenore" by Zero Audio. I've never tried them, so I can't recommend them by experience. But I've heard some pretty good things about them. Might want to check those out as an alternative to the B3's:

http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/29/12688698/zero-audio-carbo-tenore-best-earphones-review

Users who are viewing this thread

Back