Any such thing as good buds?
Mar 25, 2009 at 7:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

iancraig10

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there anything that sounds good but resembles the Ipod buds? Open (not IEM's or sound blocking) that just simply fit in your ear like the Ipod buds but actually have a decent sound.

I have tried some Sennheiser buds - don't like them. Sound just not good. I have Triple Fi's but like to walk around the house with something that doesn't block my ears. I often go straight back to the Ipod buds and put up with crappy sound.

Is there such a thing as a good (open) bud?

Ian

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:25 PM Post #2 of 20
yup.. the Yuin PK lineup is amazing.. there's no other earBUDS that can compete

i have the pk3 and it's well worth $39

i loved it so much i even ordered the PK1 for $159 which should be here tomorrow!

Mar 25, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #3 of 20
The Yuins (PK/OK) get a lot of praise around here. There's also the Sony E888 and the Audio-Technica CM700(/Ti).

May I ask which Sennheisers you didn't like? If it's the MX400/500, those were good for what they were (cheap and decent), but the newer Senns like the MX90/95 and the MX760 are much better in my opinion.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 20
I'm very satisfied with my PK2's, and feel that they're not all that far off from the SR60 in terms of sound quality, seriously.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm very satisfied with my PK2's, and feel that they're not all that far off from the SR60 in terms of sound quality, seriously.

Thanks to you all for your replies. It's just that I haven't been able to find anything half decent for just wandering around. The PK's sound interesting.

I'll take a look at them. Not seen any here in UK.

Ian

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:34 PM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by iancraig10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks to you all for your replies. It's just that I haven't been able to find anything half decent for just wandering around. The PK's sound interesting.

I'll take a look at them. Not seen any here in UK.

Ian

Head-Direct.com | YUIN

Not sure where they ship to though.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by mambo5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yuin OK1.

or there's always the PK1 for that bassier sound if I'm correct.

The OK1 is very analytical.

Yes ... I've just looked on the UK Yuin site. They're all listed but not available. (Out of stock) Doing an Internet search in the UK doesn't bring up any suppliers here, which would mean ordering from abroad and paying import and postage costs.

Open buds are hard to find. (Especially if they're any good) Probably because most people aren't prepared to pay more than peanuts for their headphones.

Ian

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM Post #12 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjk1281 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Yuins (PK/OK) get a lot of praise around here. There's also the Sony E888 and the Audio-Technica CM700(/Ti).

May I ask which Sennheisers you didn't like? If it's the MX400/500, those were good for what they were (cheap and decent), but the newer Senns like the MX90/95 and the MX760 are much better in my opinion.

Yes, you're right. The MX500. Not open enough for me and dull.

The Audio Technica is available in this country. Looks the business too. I love the ad700 and 900 so maybe they've retained something in the buds?

Ian

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #14 of 20
Yup, I am enjoying the PK1 as well. Amazing earbud.

Mar 25, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #15 of 20
I've tried a friends set of PK2s, they are very nice but a bit lacking in the bass for my tastes. Still, they are fantastic buds.

Also, most people around here say that if you get PK1s then you better have a amp for them. I still can't quite grasp the fact that a earbud would need a amp though.
confused.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back