Any stores in los angeles where I could audition good headphones
May 20, 2012 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

ahuynh

WARNING: BAD TRADER
I am looking to buy a set of good but by no means top tier headphones(think dt880s, grados, sennheiser 5xx series)  There was a previous thread that mentioned a store named DTX but upon some research I have found that it has since closed.  Does anyone know of a place in Los Angeles where I could try out headphones in the range I mentioned above?

May 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I am looking to buy a set of good but by no means top tier headphones(think dt880s, grados, sennheiser 5xx series)  There was a previous thread that mentioned a store named DTX but upon some research I have found that it has since closed.  Does anyone know of a place in Los Angeles where I could try out headphones in the range I mentioned above?

The Guitar Center might have headphones on demo.

May 21, 2012 at 3:57 AM Post #3 of 3
It's a bit tough to find somewhere with good headphones, decent sources, reasonable amount of quiet, etc --- anywhere really. The only place I've ever seen with a giant wall of the stuff hooked up is J&R in new york, and it was certainly less than ideal listening environment and sources.

I haven't been there myself, but I was looking for local Audeze LCD-2 dealers to potentially audition and came across this place a few mins from me in LA. I ended up pulling the trigger on a pair in the For Sale section without an audition. It seems like a really high end place though, so I'm not sure about how friendly they are:

Audio High-Los Angeles
605 N La Brea Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90036

On a more helpful note, it looks like a huge annual head-fi meet-up is in the works for August in LA. I'm not sure what you're purchasing time table is like, but if you go to that I'm sure you can hear anything under the sun:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/602807/2012-headphone-meet-lax-hilton-saturday-august-18-2012-official-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back