Any Smashing Pumpkins fans here?
Apr 19, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #31 of 55
Already nabbed. 
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #32 of 55
I recently saw the Smashing Pumpkins last October, and I'm only familiar with "Mellon Collie..." and the radio play tracks.  That being said, as awesome as they sounded, I left bummed because they only played two tracks I knew.

Here's a segment of "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" I took with my iPhone 4S (as of posting, it's still processing):

Apr 23, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #35 of 55
If you can pick a favorite Pumpkins song...you're not a true fan!
cool.gif
 Truly one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years, and easily the best band of the 90's. And yes, Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam etc etc were 90's bands.
very_evil_smiley.gif
 These albums will stand the test of time, mark my words.

-Daniel

Apr 23, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #38 of 55
If you can pick a favorite Pumpkins song...you're not a true fan!
cool.gif
 Truly one of the greatest bands of the last 20 years, and easily the best band of the 90's. And yes, Nirvana, Radiohead, Pearl Jam etc etc were 90's bands.
very_evil_smiley.gif
 These albums will stand the test of time, mark my words.

-Daniel

I can pick a favorite Pink Floyd song too though...

My favorite SP song is Zero. That guitar riff gets me every time.

May 9, 2012 at 4:01 AM Post #40 of 55
To answer Op's question: rocket.

May 9, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #41 of 55
Quote:
MT, please tell me... how is the remaster?  I own every album of theirs, but I haven't pulled the trigger on the Siamese Dream and Gish remasters yet.

I can't wait for the Mellon Collie remaster (speculation)!

:O
Quote:
There were so many B-sides from Mellon Collie that were finally released in the Aeroplane box set that I wonder what's left for additional material in a remaster box set.  (fingers crossed that it's amazing)

YAY

Yea Mellon Collie got me through much of my teenage angst as well,

my favorite song though is Beautiful, it's nice and simple!

There's also another, I don't remember the name but the lyric it ends with is

"as they[the police] dragged me away you smiled and waved" I love the story that song tells xD, I think he mentions climbing up a tree to watch her or something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSyde

My favorite song is "Porcelina Of The Vast Oceans." 

Do I qualify as a true fan...?

Don't shoot me but, I love listening to this song and Porcelain [RHCP] one after another, they both have a nice mood to them ^^ [not to mention the name simmilarity...]

May 10, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #42 of 55
Quote:
:O
YAY

Yea Mellon Collie got me through much of my teenage angst as well,

my favorite song though is Beautiful, it's nice and simple!

There's also another, I don't remember the name but the lyric it ends with is

"as they[the police] dragged me away you smiled and waved" I love the story that song tells xD, I think he mentions climbing up a tree to watch her or something!

Don't shoot me but, I love listening to this song and Porcelain [RHCP] one after another, they both have a nice mood to them ^^ [not to mention the name simmilarity...]

Lily (My One and Only) - great song! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back