Any servicing with wood dents in headphones?
Nov 6, 2015 at 1:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mega

500+ Head-Fier
It's been a while since i've last been here..i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i figured i'd give it a shot. I have some ath-woodies (w2002) that have some small dents on the cups, and was wondering if anyone here knows or can recommend someone or someplace that can fix them, if that's even possible at all. I tried calling Audio-Technica U.S, but as expected, they couldnt help since the headphones are long discountinued.

Thanks.

Nov 6, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2 of 3
Depending on how deep the dents are, you could either refinish them (sand them down and then lacquer/oil/whatever), or you could look at asking someone to make new wood cups for them...

Nov 7, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #3 of 3
It's been a while since i've last been here..i dont know if this is the right place to post this, but i figured i'd give it a shot. I have some ath-woodies (w2002) that have some small dents on the cups, and was wondering if anyone here knows or can recommend someone or someplace that can fix them, if that's even possible at all. I tried calling Audio-Technica U.S, but as expected, they couldnt help since the headphones are long discountinued.

Thanks.

Depending on how deep the dents are, you could either refinish them (sand them down and then lacquer/oil/whatever), or you could look at asking someone to make new wood cups for them...

As someone who does woodworking, I can confirm that these are the basics of repairing "dents" in wood.

If you don't feel qualified or otherwise ready to do this work, contact an experienced carpenter/woodworker/wood antiques refinisher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back