Any recommendations of headphones for bass music, price under 100USD
Dec 13, 2017 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

rae39852

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I'm a music lover and I'm seeking for some headphones that's best for bass music, price under 100USD. I'm not picky so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks, guys!

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 10
If you don't have an amp, that's going to limit things a bit, as well as, whether you want open-back, closed-back, on-ear, over-ear, IEM, etc.

If you have an amp and you're okay with closed-back, the DT770 used, might come close to 100.
If you don't have an amp, maybe the Soundmagic HP100, if you can find them for that price.
The ATH-M50(x) might be doable for that price, used.

If IEMs are okay, maybe give the new Nobel EDC a try, or the RE600s v2 if they're still on sale at Hifiman's website.

Dec 13, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #3 of 10
If you don't have an amp, that's going to limit things a bit, as well as, whether you want open-back, closed-back, on-ear, over-ear, IEM, etc.

If you have an amp and you're okay with closed-back, the DT770 used, might come close to 100.
If you don't have an amp, maybe the Soundmagic HP100, if you can find them for that price.

If IEMs are okay, maybe give the new Nobel EDC a try, or the RE600s v2 if they're still on sale at Hifiman's website.

That's really helpful! Thanks a lot!

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 10
Highly recommend Monoprice Retro Headphones. They are 30 bucks bass heavy headphone that also happens to have an immense soundstage due to the sheer size of the cans. You can check out Zeo's review on YouTube about it.

Caveat: Although their bass and soundstage are excellent, don't expect them to have a level of detail retrieval even remotely near some of the audiophile headphones. After all, it's only 30 bucks.

Dec 13, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #5 of 10
If you can live with on ears,the Beyerdynamic Custom Streets (adjustable bass) are crazy good for the price used, and play really well without an amp. I second the dt-770 if you have an amp.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #6 of 10
Highly recommend Monoprice Retro Headphones. They are 30 bucks bass heavy headphone that also happens to have an immense soundstage due to the sheer size of the cans. You can check out Zeo's review on YouTube about it.

Caveat: Although their bass and soundstage are excellent, don't expect them to have a level of detail retrieval even remotely near some of the audiophile headphones. After all, it's only 30 bucks.

30 bucks is pretty cheap then. I will check the review before make a decision. Thanks for recommendation.

Dec 16, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #8 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back