any reason not to get porta pros?
Nov 6, 2009 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

martinmach

New Head-Fier
My um1s are in for repair. i want to get something cheap and good in the meantime, how would the porta pros do? i never tried one. are they as good as the numerous reviews suggest.

I cannot beleive that i cannot go 2 weeks without some good audio
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 13
They'll make you look like a horse.

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #3 of 13
There must quite a few of these horses in the subway
wink_face.gif

maybe suggest me something else for that quality, i hate paying these premium prices in sweden

I am coming from a pair of hd 485(gave them to someone), super.fi3 and westone 1

Nov 6, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by martinmach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There must quite a few of these horses in the subway
wink_face.gif

maybe suggest me something else for that quality, i hate paying these premium prices in sweden

I am coming from a pair of hd 485(gave them to someone), super.fi3 and westone 1

I'm sure they sound fine (I've never heard them), and are well worth the price, but that's the only reason I could think of.

A horse... or some other unfortunate-looking creature... Sarah Jessica Parker... whatever, choose your poison.

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #9 of 13
They are not beautiful, for sure. But they are excellent for the price, and very - VERY - comfortable. Get them, you won't regret. I have listened to lots of headphones, including RE2, CX500, HD595, K141, etc. And I still have my Porta Pros available, I always use them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #10 of 13
I think I would really pass on the PortaPros for the subway if you value your hearing. I'd grab the JVC HA-S700 instead. Much better isolation at a similar price point, and they sound pretty darn good too.

Nov 9, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #11 of 13
i think you should consider about the overwhelming n unnatural bass from the portapro,, dont mind it if you're a basshead
tongue.gif

Nov 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM Post #12 of 13
Koss SportaPro are exactly the same drivers except they are black instead of blue. The headband has a different look. For the price you can't go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back