Any reason NOT to buy a Stax Omega?
Oct 26, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
For me, the problem is the wait time. I tend to listen alot at complete random times of the day, and apparently at least an hour or so charge time is required to get most of what the omega is capable of.

Of course, you can keep it always 'on'. I routinely fire up my main music rig as soon as I come home/wake up on weekends. Most of high end gear sounds better after having warmed up! But I do get your point....

Oct 26, 2004 at 12:15 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by bifcake
Here are some of my reasons for not purchasing the Omega:

1) Dry, uninvolving sound quality

In all honesty, I think this is a pre-requisite for uber-high-end phones, and probably explains why so much emphasis is put on the headphone amp in high-end systems.

The only high-end headphone I have heard that sounded rich, musical, and involving through nuetral amplification was the grado ps-1 and they are the easily some of the least respected phones of the "diminishing returns" price range. (I am sure their bass presence has a bit to do with that too.
wink.gif
)

Oct 26, 2004 at 12:24 AM Post #19 of 20
Personally, I didn't feel the sound out of the Omega II's was at all natural--it was this creamy, thick, and rich sound that, while euphoric, was not natural. I enjoyed listening to it when I did, but it was like a drug somehow--it just really altered the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back