any problem with three year old UM2
Aug 11, 2009 at 2:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ZDaudiopenguim

New Head-Fier
Recently I was offered a deal on UM2(<$150, three years old) , I only tested for a little while and it seems fine, so was the look. My question is, is it worth the money?
beyersmile.png
Thanks

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #3 of 7
note that it will be out of warranty. Not sure if westone will service it free or for a price, but don't count on it.

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #5 of 7
When my UM2 hit three years old the right channel became very faint. I'm sure they can be fixed but who knows how much it will cost.

Aug 11, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 7
Thank u for the inputs. Now I would seriously look at other new or like-new IEMs within my price range(~$150). I already have RE2 but want better sound. I mainly listen to Rock, rap and raggae. After hours of reading in the forum, I narrow my choices down to super fi, Monster Turbine, ER4 and atrio.
Super fi is not very comfortable; ER4 colors sound too much(not natural); Monster Turbine is not good a upgrade coming from RE2... FWIR
Any suggestions?

Aug 11, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #7 of 7
I have, and still use, a five year old pair. I've beat them up and have had them recabled once (due to the "greening" they clear cables used to get), and they still sound fine. I can't help you on the price, though. I haven't been paying attention to the used market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back