Any Portal 2 fans out there?
May 28, 2011 at 10:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

swbf2cheater

Headphoneus Supremus
I just wanted to say, as a gamer for the last 2 decades I have never had so much fun playing a video game before.  The game is a masterpiece and the scripting is beyond brilliant.  

Cave Johnson is officially the coolest video game character of all time, and we only get to hear his voice.  10/10 game.  I didn't want it to end.

http://www.cavejohnsonhere.com/

May 28, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #2 of 38
No offense but I think it is pretty boring and i thought  that it was a game aimed towards 10 year old kids...

May 28, 2011 at 11:14 AM Post #5 of 38
It's the strongest contender for the GOTY so far. Makes the predecessor look like a peanut in comparison. I bet Obama is pleased w/ the game as well. The performance by Johnson's voice actor was also spot on. On a side note the voice of Wheatly and that of Shaun from AC Brotherhood sound unusually similar.

May 28, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #6 of 38

Quote:
It's the strongest contender for the GOTY so far. Makes the predecessor look like a peanut in comparison. I bet Obama is pleased w/ the game as well. The performance by Johnson's voice actor was also spot on. On a side note the voice of Wheatly and Shaun from AC Brotherhood sound unusually similar.

It makes the predecessor look like a potato.

May 28, 2011 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 38
Again, no offense but how is this game "fun"?? All you did was create portals and solve puzzles. Games like WiC or Civ V or even minecraft are much, much better IMO.

May 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #10 of 38

Quote:
Again, no offense but how is this game "fun"?? All you did was create portals and solve puzzles. Games like WiC or Civ V or even minecraft are much, much better IMO.

And you actually played through the whole thing and beat it?  Clearly you don't like creating portals, solving puzzles or charming, original and extremely funny characters along with an impeccable art design, theme and setting.

May 28, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #11 of 38
Quit trolling in a thread about a game you, for some reason, didn't enjoy. Solving puzzles was fun, experiencing the portal physics was fun, and the voice acting and writing were phenomenal. The game was the most comedic game I've played in a long time and it was a vast improvement on the first. How can you NOT have fun playing this game?

Quote:

May 28, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #12 of 38

Quote:

Why post here if you don't enjoy the game? Stop raining on everyone else's parade.
rolleyes.gif

May 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #13 of 38

Quote:

That's pretty easy to counter-argue. For example all we do when we play games is stare at a screen and push buttons. If you put it like that, pretty much any game is generalizable hence can be pigeonholed.

Quote:
Why post here if you don't enjoy the game? Stop raining on everyone else's parade.
rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif

There's always at least one party pooper wherever you go. A fact of life but to each his own. Haha.

May 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM Post #14 of 38
Interesting that people thought it was better than the original. I enjoyed Portal 2 a lot, especially the co-op. Like people say the characters and voice-acting are great. The world building they did this time around is definitely a welcome addition to the franchise. But I enjoyed the first game more. Portal 2 was overall too easy. They kept resetting the difficulty curve whenever they introduced a new element instead of letting it continue to ramp up. I'm hoping the DLC isn't too expensive and will really show some difficult puzzles.

Oh, and if you played the co-op,

I wonder what Portal 3 will be like.

May 28, 2011 at 12:45 PM Post #15 of 38
I'd say it was definitely a step above the original in every way.  The challenge started to ramp up near the end, but I never ended up getting stuck...but the lack of "challenge rooms" like in the original does make it a bit easier overall.  Haven't had a chance to play co-op yet though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back