Any Portal 2 fans out there?
May 31, 2011 at 1:52 AM Post #31 of 38
I'm a Portal 2 fan! :D

It's probably one of my favorite games to date. Cave Johnson was amazing in the game, hahahahaha. I got stuck on some of the 'underground Aperture Science laboratory' puzzles as well. The elevator jump definitely got me too; I didn't realize that you could have placed a portal under the elevator lift until I accidentally fell down the shaft. >_<

May 31, 2011 at 5:55 AM Post #32 of 38
...the fact that I could make a portal at the bottom of the elevator was one of the first things I noticed on that level. :p  It just took ages because of all the climbing.  But I try to make portals absolutely everywhere even if there clearly isn't a spot for the portal to go.  Maybe I'm just OCD like that.

Jun 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #33 of 38
Ran through portal 1 today and was bored by it until the last 20% of the game when you get out of the facility.  :\

part 2s entertainment value was significantly higher, portal 1 was a bit dry but definitely more challenging.

Jun 9, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #34 of 38
Portal 2 is great. Not worth the full €50 price though, it's more of a €25 game. A bit short and not much replay value for that high a price.

Anyway, what kept some of the replay value for me was playing co-op course alone and seeing how many I could finish by myself.

Turns out there are quite a few.

Of the 39 co-op chambers, it's possible to finish 30 (!) without a partner. 6 of these need a slight glitch (4 need bunnyhop, 1 needs reportalling and 1 needs you to go off the beaten path) but none need cheats.

Jun 10, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 38
Yes it is fun to do :D. Here's a list I compiled of the possibility of clearing co-op chambers alone (that I know of at least):

Numbers before chamber name mean Course and Chamber, e.g. 2-3 means Course 2 Chamber 3.

1-1 mp_coop_doors: impossible
1-2 mp_coop_race_2: possible (bhop in part 1)
1-3 mp_coop_laser_2: part 1 impossible, part 2 possible
1-4 mp_coop_rat_maze: impossible
1-5 mp_coop_laser_crusher: possible
1-6 mp_coop_teambts: possible

2-1 mp_coop_fling_3: part 1 possible, part 2 impossible
2-2 mp_coop_infinifling_train: impossible
2-3 mp_coop_come_along: impossible
2-4 mp_coop_fling_1: possible (reportal)
2-5 mp_coop_catapult_1: possible
2-6 mp_coop_multifling_1: part 1 possible, part 2 impossible
2-7 mp_coop_fling_crushers: possible
2-8 mp_coop_fan: possible

3-1 mp_coop_wall_intro: possible
3-2 mp_coop_wall_2: possible
3-3 mp_coop_catapult_wall_intro: possible
3-4 mp_coop_wall_block: possible
3-5 mp_coop_catapult_2: possible
3-6 mp_coop_turret_walls: possible
3-7 mp_coop_turret_ball: possible
3-8 mp_coop_wall_5: possible

4-1 mp_coop_tbeam_redirect: possible
4-2 mp_coop_tbeam_drill: possible (bhop)
4-3 mp_coop_tbeam_catch_grind_1: possible
4-4 mp_coop_tbeam_laser_1: possible
4-5 mp_coop_tbeam_polarity: possible (bhop, might be possible without by cubeflinging)
4-6 mp_coop_tbeam_polarity2: possible (bhop)
4-7 mp_coop_tbeam_polarity3: impossible
4-8 mp_coop_tbeam_maze: possible
4-9 mp_coop_tbeam_end: possible

5-1 mp_coop_paint_come_along: impossible
5-2 mp_coop_paint_redirect: possible
5-3 mp_coop_paint_bridge: possible
5-4 mp_coop_paint_walljumps: possible
5-5 mp_coop_paint_speed_fling: possible
5-6 mp_coop_paint_red_racer: possible
5-7 mp_coop_paint_speed_catch: possible (requires you to go 'off' the map; clipping issues with the map allow you to go outside the normal map)
5-8 mp_coop_paint_longjump_intro: possible

Course 1: 3 possible, 1 partly, 2 impossible
Course 2: 4 possible, 2 partly, 2 impossible
Course 3: 8 possible, 0 partly, 0 impossible
Course 4: 8 possible, 0 partly, 1 impossible
Course 5: 7 possible, 0 partly, 1 impossible

30 completely possible Chambers, 6 of which need a glitch (4x bhop, 1x reportal, 1x map clip issues).

3 partly possible Chambers.

6 impossible Chambers.

Have fun! :D

Jun 12, 2011 at 4:53 AM Post #37 of 38
That dang game! When I got bored with Minecraft SP I decided to try Portal since everyone was talking about it. Well, played both Portal 1 and 2 in a single night. 
eek.gif

Portal 1 was a lot of fun, and so was the beginning of Portal 2.
Somewhere at the middle I got bored (I don't really remember which part was it), then I got glued all over the screen again. When it ended, I felt so empty inside... my brain was craving for more. Ended up hearing the final song with a smile in my face (what an adorable song); this probably bring the first time I saw a game's credits. 
L3000.gif

Conclusion: When is Portal 3 coming out? 
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back