Any player with last.fm-support?
Jul 15, 2008 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

aliquis

100+ Head-Fier
Does there exist any player which logs what music have been played and later submit it to last.fm?

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #2 of 29
Jul 15, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #4 of 29
this may be a bit convoluted but;

J.River Media Center (and it's free lil' sister Media Jukebox) can sync iPods and most other handheld players as well as recoup playback data from the handheld upon sync'ing.

Since it also supports LastFM, I expect that it may then send your playback stats form the handheld to Last.
Unfortunately I have never tried this so cannot give you a definite answer, however the folks at J.River are really good about adding little features like this when asked.

May be worth a look-see if you find no other solution.
You can also post regarding this functionality at their message board (called Interact), or possibly at the LastFM site.

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #5 of 29
You can use Zenses, a program for scrobbling from MTP based DAPs. These are the players confirmed to work with it:

• Zen Vision:M - However currently has an annoying play count bug
• Zen Vision W
• Zen Micro - Reported to work, but only with the PlaysForSure firmware update
• Zen Micro Photo
• Zen Sleek Photo
• Zen V
• Zen V Plus
• Microsoft Zune Gen 1 & 2 - Zenses 0.1.4 and 0.2 only
• Toshiba Gigabeat S30/60, V30, & T400
• Cowon iAudio D2 (switch to MTP mode)
• Archos 605 (switch to MTP mode)
• Creative Zen
• iriver clix Gen 2
• Sony NWZ-S718
• Memorex 8565

Compatible Players – Zenses’s Discussions – Groups at Last.fm

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #8 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ipod touch and iphone have it too now - official last fm

The official iPhone/iPod touch Last.fm client does not scrobble songs - it only allows access to the radio.

Jul 16, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #9 of 29
If you use Winamp to manage your iPod (which you should anyway), the ml_ipod plugin has built in last.fm support.

Jul 16, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #12 of 29
I will answer to the rest later, but I'm eating now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is scrobble?

It let you and everyone submit what music they are listening to, this way they get a huge database of which music is listened to by people listening to this and that. They also let you tag the music files, have information about the a artists, their albums, let you comment on songs, have your own page with your favourite tunes, last played songs and such.

Anyway, the whole purpose of it all is to be able to recommend music fitting a tag, artist or persons individual taste.

You can also listen to them as your would from a radio station, except when you listen to music from them they will select tracks based on tag (say "futurepop"), artist (say "seabound") or anyones personal radio (say mine (that is, they will play tracks similar to the ones I use to listen to.))

Very poorly written but something like that
biggrin.gif

I mostly use it because I don't have much music on my computer and this way I can listen to lots of music which fits my taste without bothering.

http://www.lastfm.se/help/faq/

Jul 16, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #13 of 29
last.fm scrobles my iPod with iTunes. It's an 80GB previous gen iPod. Until an update about a month ago, it didn't do it. Now, whenever I plug my iPod in, last.fm pops up a list of music played since I last plugged it in. It gives the option of scrobbling the data or ignoring it. The previous version of the plug in couldn't scrobble if you manually sync, which I do. Supposedly, it could scrobble if you did automatic syncing

Jul 19, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #14 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by aliquis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does there exist any player which logs what music have been played and later submit it to last.fm?

Do you mean when you synch or on the fly? If it's when you synch, the iPod does this already the way scompton explained it. You just need to get the plugin.

If it's on the fly, I'll defer to a more knowlegeable head-fier since I have no clue.

Cheers

Jul 19, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
last.fm scrobles my iPod with iTunes. It's an 80GB previous gen iPod. Until an update about a month ago, it didn't do it. Now, whenever I plug my iPod in, last.fm pops up a list of music played since I last plugged it in. It gives the option of scrobbling the data or ignoring it. The previous version of the plug in couldn't scrobble if you manually sync, which I do. Supposedly, it could scrobble if you did automatic syncing

Yes. My 160G ipod - when connected, the last fm plugin searches for what tracks have been played on the ipod, and then a box pops up to ask me whether I want to scrobble the tracks. The previous version of the plugin worked sometimes, but not always, even when auto syncing. After the recent update, it seems work better and I do not recall it failing so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back