Any Pipe Smokers out there? (or Cigar lovers..)
May 15, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #16 of 22
i dont smoke cigarette.

but tried this:
shisha.jpg

shisha a.k.a hookah

May 18, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #17 of 22
oh there are quite a few of you around. I use a Comoy briar - my dog decided to ruin it, but its useable still. I do hate the stench of cigs and its taste which somehow leaves my mouth bitter.

The peterson tobacco I prefer tends to go well with my cognac too - it sweetens my mouth. I've tried only a few varieties of cigars - loved them, but due to their expensive nature, it has always kept me in check.

Ah, some good music, the pipe, and some cognac. A heavenly combination..

anyone else there? come now. Show yourselves!

May 19, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #18 of 22
As a founding member of team cigar-fi, I'd like to echo kydsid's invitation to come on over to the official cigar thread. We definitely welcome pipe enthusiasts as well. I myself smoke a briar with some custom blended aromatics a lot of the time.

Cheers!

p.s. Link's also in my sig.

May 19, 2009 at 2:54 AM Post #19 of 22
I just visited the cigar thread - looking to learn lots from it
smily_headphones1.gif

I was wondering guys, drawing inspiration on the Cigar thread - if there aren't any official pipe smoking threads here, up for converting this into one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As a founding member of team cigar-fi, I'd like to echo kydsid's invitation to come on over to the official cigar thread. We definitely welcome pipe enthusiasts as well. I myself smoke a briar with some custom blended aromatics a lot of the time.

Cheers!

p.s. Link's also in my sig.

Jan 26, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #20 of 22
A copy of my post in "The Official Cigar Thread"

Quote:

Haven't been posting here anymore since I quite smoking filthy cigarettes, tasty cigars and relaxing pipes 6 months ago.

The reason I am posting now is that I plan to sell all my (high-end, to keep it in audio terms :wink:  ) smoking gear on eBay.
But before I do that I 'd like to give people on my favorite forum the chance to get some of the fine stuff I have.
Everything is mint and if not you will be notified of that beforehand by pictures with detailed expalnation.
It's all quality stuff I have but everything that gets sold here will go for easy prices since it will save me a lot of work on eBay. And I hate eBay.
Two things that will not go for a low price though are two Limited Edition ST Dupont lighters.

How do I want to do this?
I'd prefer peoplecontacting me with what kind of items they're interested int, I'll put a semi-list below. I'll respond with detailed explanation and photos. I don't think that this should go in the FS/FT forums.

What are we talking about?
An ST Dupont Cohiba and a Mahardjah.
A bunch of the finest Cubans and Dominicans kept and cared for in humidors. No Cubans will ship to the US, sorry.
3  different Zino Davidoff Cigar cutters.
2 fully equipped humidors, a big and a small one, not overly expensive.
Various travel and pocket humidors, humidified.
2 ashtrays, one Cohiba.
Various small stuff that will come for free with other purchases.
A bunch of rare cigar books.

A nice wood/leather pipe rack for 14 pipes.
Pipe holders for putting them down when smoking.
Various fine tobaccos including Paratgas, limited editions and Davidoff.
A special Colibri pipe lighter.
3 Dunhill pipe tools or stampers.
A unique unused Dunhill briar, not from the normal catalog.
A Dunhill Churchwarden briar.
3 used and very well cared for Davidoff briars. Used means less than 5 times.
An unused Meerchaum.
A used figured Meerscham.
A used and well cared for Petersaon, green, as above.
An unused corncob.
An unused churchwarden clay "Hobbit" pipe.

2 unused female pipes.
2 used but well cared for pipes for free with other purchases.
Pipe cleaning and caring gear and various other small stuff that will come free with other purchases.
A bunch of rare pipe books.

Hit me with your questions via PM!  :)

Jan 26, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #21 of 22
Have smoked pipes but now more into cigars; particularly the CAO Traviata maduro (great smoke for the money!).  It's always nice to be able to kick back and enjoy one of these with a nice scotch.

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #22 of 22
I have a Silvana Ascorti La Silvana Rustica briar pipe which I bought from The Tinder Box on sale. I like the Tinder Box Reserve 1928 pipe tobacco, but it is very expensive. I settled by choosing Captain Black Regular pipe tobacco which is not nearly as rich and flavorful, but it is affordable. I am new to pipe smoking, but I enjoy it very much. I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to because of the cold winter weather, but I get a chance to puff a few smokes now and then. My next purchase will be the Dunhill Nightcap pipe tobacco as I heard it has a very strong nicotine level and it is quite lovely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back