Any Pipe Smokers out there? (or Cigar lovers..)
May 12, 2009 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

vic1890

100+ Head-Fier
As the title goes - any headfiers here indulge in this lovely custom?

And if you do, for how long have you? And what kind of pipes/cigars/tobacco do you like?

And when do you usually settle for a smoke?

May 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #2 of 22
edited

May 13, 2009 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 22
I like from a Churchill to Maduro...The CAO Brazilia is a favorite also honorable mentions to Punch and La Flor for making reasonable priced and even smoking Cigars. Had a Bolivar this last weekend that was a great smoke. Most Dominican and Honduran will do in a pinch

May 13, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 22
I'm a pipe smoker, a little over a month ago I gave up cigs and switched over to pipes. I've had no urge to go back, everything about smoking a pipe is so much more enjoyable.. I actually sort of pity cigarette smokers now.
wink.gif

So far I've got a small rotation of six briar pipes from Savinelli, Peterson, Bjarne, Johs and Chacom. My favorite tobaccos are Samuel Gawith St. James Flake, Full Virginia Flake and AC Peterson Escudo.

Sometimes I'll smoke a MM Cob on the drive to work then maybe a couple half or one third bowls throughout the day at work. When I get home is when I really have time to relax and take an hour to smoke one of my briar pipes.

May 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does hookah count?

Why not? My parents gave me one for my birthday last year. we get it out for family occasions.

I've had a Comoy briar since undergrad - about 18 years ago. I don't smoke it as often as I'd like, but keep some nice Virginia and latakia blends around for when I can. I enjoy cigars, too, and have since around the same time.

We had a designated smoking lounge at my fraternity. In the evenings, a number of us would gather there with a few cocktails and enjoy pipes and cigars.

Before the anti-smoking campaign kicks off in this thread, I'd like to point out that I enjoy tobacco in moderation and that it's one of the very few vices I still allow myself. Hell, I eat 90% vegetarian these days and only have a drink every couple of weeks. Tobacco is pleasurable and you can safely and legally drive a car, operate power tools or go to work after having some.

May 13, 2009 at 11:01 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before the anti-smoking campaign kicks off in this thread, I'd like to point out that I enjoy tobacco in moderation and that it's one of the very few vices I still allow myself. Hell, I eat 90% vegetarian these days and only have a drink every couple of weeks. Tobacco is pleasurable and you can safely and legally drive a car, operate power tools or go to work after having some.

I know what you mean, I too use to enjoy social smoking as well. Now I run marathons instead
biggrin.gif

May 14, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #12 of 22
I haven't tried a pipe; however, I have indulged in Cigars. Unfortunately my significant other does not like me smelling like a Cigar for a day.

Here's what I've tried:
1) Cohibas Exquistos - Pretty good!
2) Opus X- My friend was lucky enough to get some of these as gifts.
3) Various other Dominican cigars

Honestly, I liked the Opus the best. The flavor was strong, yet smooth.

May 14, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 22
Pipe Smokers or Cigar lovers...

LMAO.... Monica Lewinsky comes to mind...

Sorry, smokers
wink.gif

May 15, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #15 of 22
Ah, I enjoy both pipes and cigars, the former in the winter and latter in summer months.

My favourite cigars are usually by Tatuaje and Padilla, and while I don't yet have a favourite pipe tobacco, I do have a favourite pipe: a "Made in Ireland" meerschaum-lined Peterson billiard.

Started on cigars about nine years ago, and the frequency with which I enjoy them seems to come and go in cycles. Pipes are a relatively newer addition--only about three years now for me.

I loves me vices
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back