Any other proud iRiver H3xx/h1xx owners out there?
Aug 17, 2006 at 11:20 PM Post #31 of 52
I have a h140 (running rockbox of course) and I couldn't image using anything else.
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know what I'd do if it ever broke, find another worthy rockboxable device, i suppose.

Aug 18, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by RotAtoR
I have a h140 (running rockbox of course) and I couldn't image using anything else.
smily_headphones1.gif
I don't know what I'd do if it ever broke, find another whorthy rockboxable device, i suppose.

hense the reason i own 2 and possibly a 3rd soon. i want two working and one for parts.

Aug 18, 2006 at 8:15 AM Post #33 of 52
I posted earlier and I have a H320 and love it but, I don't see what the huge scuttle about RockBox is.

I understand it plays FLAC and is gapless but is there any other advantages. I tried it for a bit awhile ago and I found the navigation and battery life made it near useless for me.

Are either of these issues taken care of yet???

Also I won a HeadFi Gigabag and the H320 fits nicely in there here is a pic for anyone interested. It has the HeadFi Total Bithead behind it. The case has a large square grommet on each corner, a shoulder strap a belt clip, and a pocket on the back to hold buds, IEMs, or whatever. The construction and materials are top notch.

DSCF3281.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

Also, I am considering getting another H140 before they are all gone, but besides the optical out do they have any advantages over the Iaudio X5 or whatever the comparable Iaudio player is? I know the Iaudios play flac off the shelf. I really like my Iaudio G3 and am wondering if I should go Iriver or Iaudio for another harddrive based players

Aug 18, 2006 at 2:09 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdemon
I posted earlier and I have a H320 and love it but, I don't see what the huge scuttle about RockBox is.

I understand it plays FLAC and is gapless but is there any other advantages. I tried it for a bit awhile ago and I found the navigation and battery life made it near useless for me.

yes. There is even a video feature that is in its infancy. Rockbox can allows you to access the hdd incase of a failure so it is a nice recovery tool too.

Quote:

Also, I am considering getting another H140 before they are all gone, but besides the optical out do they have any advantages over the Iaudio X5 or whatever the comparable Iaudio player is? I know the Iaudios play flac off the shelf.

Rockbox allows the h140 the same feature set as the x5 minus the colored screen. The x5 is exactly like the h300 series player except for formfactor.

Aug 18, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #36 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by AL3X
My iriver H320 wont turn on without a barrage errors anymore. I think i abused and modded it a little too much. i think my poor mp3 player's life is nearing it's end.

I may be willing to sell my at a reasonable price if you or anybody else is looking for one. I have had it for around a year and never removed the plastic sticker screen protector that came on it. I have put inskins on ot but never replaced any internal stuff ie battery or harddrive. It has Korean 1.29 firmware on it, still get good battery life. I have the remote pictured in the above post, 2 silicone skins (clearish and zebra), the original leather case with window (never used) Original packaging, all original cords/ original charger, etc....

I am thinking about getting a larger drived player and am not about to tear one of these apart. I always have my smaller flash player to get me by until I can save up enough cash to get a H140, H340, X5 or A2.

IM me or snapdemon [at] yahoo [dot] com if you have an offer.

The screen is perfect, like I said original screen protector still on there. Anything that looks weird on it is dust on the screen protector and I can remove it and take pics if anyone is truly interested. These are the only 2 skins I have had on it. I replaced the yellow one so I could work a contact email into it incase an honest person found it if I ever lost it.
DSCF0147.jpg

DSCF3284.jpg

Aug 18, 2006 at 6:16 PM Post #37 of 52
I was thinking of putting a "YOU STOLE THIS!" on the front of it to try and guilt anyone who found it into giving it back.

Aug 18, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

The h300 battery problem has been fixed for some time now. You should be able to expect the same or better battery life with Rockbox compared to the original firmware.

Looking at the Iriver Runtime wiki page, people have gotten as many as 20 hours out of the stock battery using Rockbox.

Aug 19, 2006 at 9:57 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by AL3X
M After testing different hard drives in it, replacing multiple different batteries, and modding the circuit board itself in various ways for multiple purposes, i think my poor mp3 player's life is nearing it's end. .

What circuit board mods did you do? I just took mine apart to add the USBOTG jumper wire, but I didn't have my surface mount soldering iron tip handy
frown.gif

Aug 19, 2006 at 6:58 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob ♫
Too late.

ummmmm.......No it isn't.

I know one place in the US that sells them for around $315 and if ypou know anyboy in Korea I checked the Iriver Korea website and can order them from there for the equivilant of around US$220 last time I checked. I also recently saw an Iriver H340 International with cradle, USBOTG, case, remote, and some other extras for right at $400 shipped form the US if I remember right. Plus the constant slow and steady stream of them that are on ebay that people are obviously getting from Korea and selling here for anywhere from $315 to$375

Edited to mention that all prices are for new players in unopened original packaging if I didn't make that clear.

Aug 20, 2006 at 2:51 AM Post #42 of 52
I've been visiting misticriver and have read many threads dedicated to the h1xx or h3xx series, claiming them as the best line iriver produced. In fact, many are still of the opinion that the new iriver models simply don't compare sound-quality-wise to the old product lines.

Well, we know the h1xx and h3xx are discontinued, even though some e-stores still sell them.

I was thinking, what prompted iriver to downgrade their products sound-wise? (If that is, indeed the case, though I myself have never heard the new product line). Also, will iriver continue this trend? If so, then I will have to find a suitable replacement for my h320 when it dies.

Sure, my unit is still going strong, but it will die someday. Which brings up the question, is it worth to spend ~$200US on a new unit and simply have it shelved for years to come? Or wait to see what the future holds? Maybe iriver will release something better?

Or maybe someone else will, I'm not an iriver fanboy by any means.

The truth is, though, that the h1xx and h3xx truly are little gems, even though, by today's standards, feel and look like bricks.

I guess I'd just like to hear people's opinions on the direction in which iriver seems to be headed, and, specifically to the h1xx or h3xx owners, whether they have spare ones in stock at home for the future years.
tongue.gif

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:20 AM Post #43 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
Well, we know the h1xx and h3xx are discontinued, even though some e-stores still sell them.

Below is a printscreen of the official Iriver store from Korea showing that they still have the Iriver H140 availabe over there and they are around $205 (I included conversion window in printscreen) Maybe we could find a way to organize a group buy on these so we wouldn't get killed on shipping and fees. If we could get the price down to $250 shipped for a 40gig MP3 player that has FLAC capabilities and optical in/out and I would be in hands down.

CLICK Below Thumbnail for my printscreen from about 10 minutes before this post.

Aug 20, 2006 at 3:45 AM Post #44 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1117
I've been visiting misticriver and have read many threads dedicated to the h1xx or h3xx series, claiming them as the best line iriver produced. In fact, many are still of the opinion that the new iriver models simply don't compare sound-quality-wise to the old product lines.

I was thinking, what prompted iriver to downgrade their products sound-wise? (If that is, indeed the case, though I myself have never heard the new product line). Also, will iriver continue this trend? If so, then I will have to find a suitable replacement for my h320 when it dies.

Sure, my unit is still going strong, but it will die someday. Which brings up the question, is it worth to spend ~$200US on a new unit and simply have it shelved for years to come? Or wait to see what the future holds? Maybe iriver will release something better?

Or maybe someone else will, I'm not an iriver fanboy by any means.

The truth is, though, that the h1xx and h3xx truly are little gems, even though, by today's standards, feel and look like bricks.

I guess I'd just like to hear people's opinions on the direction in which iriver seems to be headed, and, specifically to the h1xx or h3xx owners, whether they have spare ones in stock at home for the future years.
tongue.gif

Personally im not going to worry about it. Im sure well get something decent coming out in the future. I think it will be coming from cowon and not iriver this time. It will take several years though for everything to fall into place, but until then our hxxs are going to continue to kick ass. With rockbox development still going strong these things arent going to become obsolete any time soon. The two parts which are most likely to fail, the battery and the hdd, can be replaced with better parts. Im sure ive seen someone shove a 40gb hdd and a 2200mah battery into an h320.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back