Any Other Bimmer Guys on Here?
Jun 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM Post #16 of 37
oh have i been super nipple close to owning a BMW, actually the reason why i drive a TT is because of a BMW...

i went as far as having a Z4 on order, signing on a new Z4-M, and signing on a 135i..every time some thought came in my head and i stopped the deal..

the 135i is a crazy fun car though..still not completely out of my thoughts..

anyway i am staying away from this thread, its going to get me Bavarian Motor Works sooner...

Jun 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #17 of 37
2001 330i Silver
2005 X3 3.0 Black
Just Got To Love Them !!!!!!!!!!

Jun 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #18 of 37
Nothing too exotic, company funded 2008 318d es saloon. Solid, comfortable, 48 mpg (British Gallon) average assisted by the "Efficient Dynamics" system.

Jun 8, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh have i been super nipple close to owning a BMW, actually the reason why i drive a TT is because of a BMW...

i went as far as having a Z4 on order, signing on a new Z4-M, and signing on a 135i..every time some thought came in my head and i stopped the deal..

anyway i am staying away from this thread, its going to get me Bavarian Motor Works sooner...

I need an MZ4 Coupe oh so bad...

I'm currently looking for an MZ3 Coupe right now and will be putting the 328 back to stock.

Jun 9, 2008 at 4:25 AM Post #20 of 37
I purchased my first BMW, an E30 318is, late last summer. I've always loved the E30 body style and finally had the time and space to store and work on one. I'd love an E30 M3, but the 318is is as close as I could get without spending M money. It's not my daily driver, but with gas prices and the 32mpg I get in the 318, that will be changing once I get some new tires. Here's a picture of the car as I purchased it:
183652988_VW2qF-M.jpg

Jun 9, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #22 of 37
Not a bimmer forum user, but still a BMW fan. I'm driving an old 1990 BMW 730i with automatic transmission, and lowered suspensions. Its simply fantastic looking car IMO, both sleek thanks to lowered suspension and still massive. Better looking shape than newer 7-serie models if you ask me. If only it would have more low-end torque to put that big car on the move faster right from the start... I need a bigger engine. I dont have a picture ATM, but will take one soon enough.

Jun 9, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #23 of 37
BMW lover here..
Think I belong to a few of the forums but do not login to them like I do HeadFi.
Just sold my e39 540i in Arctic Grey, with m62 V8 and 6spd Sport package..it ate the gas like a champ.

I am an e36 enthusiast and previously have had M3's in the past and love them. I have found the maintenance and ground clearance issues on the M's give me too much stress and bills.
redface.gif

Owned my current e36 (Betty) for 5 years, she is my daily driver and my baby. Hellrot Red 328is, 5spd inline 6. Sorry for the glare and terrible photography skills. Click on the thumbnails for a closer shot as I cannot get the imageshack to show the full size. ;/

Jun 9, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #24 of 37
Ground clearance issues? What is that?

Car01.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

(Bra get put in effect when the car is used to drive long distances haha.)

Jun 10, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #25 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonjon0nline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ground clearance issues? What is that?

Had two instances with a M3's previously ('95 e36 and '98 e36) where the bottom of the front end of each was damaged by carelessness when the car was in for service once, and valleted another time. It typically happens upon backing the car up or pulling too fast at the wrong angle over a bump out of a service drive. I have been in a right hand drive e36 when a friend did the same thing to his and it was bottoms. Since the lower diffuser is a bit closer to the ground than the 328is, this is a worry I don't have as much anymore. The repair each time was not to my liking and was a bummer.

Nice pics of your ride, looks great. My '98 was a sedan in Metallic Schwartz with Modena interior back in the day. Is yours auto or manual?

Jun 15, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #26 of 37
I love my 1999 E36 M3 (Estoril blue). Only 54,000 miles on it, and in virtually perfect condition. I'd wanted one since the E36 series first came on sale.

Two years ago, I flew down to Atlanta and purchased the car after spending six months looking for the perfect one. I've added new wheels, tires, Bilstein struts and shocks. Also replaced the problematic rear shock mounts, added stainless steel brake lines, Stoptech drilled rotors, a LTW spoiler,and a new stereo head unit that connects to an iPod to give me the ultimate cd changer.

The car handles incredibly well, the motor purrs like a cat on steroids, and I enjoy every moment driving it. I have a SUV for mid-November-late April (winter use) and drive the M3 from late April to mid-November about 4-5 days a week, as long as the weather is nice.

I've also spent a bit of time over on bimmerforums.

JC

Jun 15, 2008 at 4:58 PM Post #27 of 37
Not a bimmerguy here but my family is.

Mom drives a 328xi coupe and my dad is looking at getting a 7 series. We went test driving before he left and he is going to buy soon when he gets back.

Can you believe my dad said he did not like the new M3 :O

Jun 16, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #28 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snicewicz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you believe my dad said he did not like the new M3 :O

Too small for older men. Now the 5 or 6 would be sweet if you didn't have to take a mortgage out for it.

Jul 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #29 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lease on my 335i is up in September, so I am going to test drive the 135i in the coming weeks. If I get another BMW, I am not sure what I will end up with.. the 3 series sedan, coupe or the 1. Tough choices!

I have a handle on bimmerforums (uofmitiger) and the E90post forums (uofmtiger). However, I rarely post on them. Here are a couple pics of my E90:

large.jpg

49615889.newpad.jpg

I also owned an E46, but traded it in for the E90 when the free maintenance ran out. Some shots of the E46:

large.jpg

large.jpg

Jul 13, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #30 of 37
I used to own a 1999 750iL V12. What a wonderful car. Just didn't need that much for my daily commute! I now own a 2008 550i with sport package. I do not see myself ever buying another brand unless gas goes to $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back