Any news on the Questyle CMA Twelve?
Jan 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #46 of 133
I have only HD58X and ATH-R70X so mid-range HPs... It sounds much like mixed CMA600i and 400i, so pretty neutral sound with great space, very nice bass and a bit of warmth and fun that can be found in 400i. It has enough detail but I will call it fluid and smooth, relaxed sound. I think it will work well with many different headphones. Great build quality again.

Jan 13, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #48 of 133
Agree. The Twelve is muscular and smooth sounding with a great sense of space and delicate and detailed treble. A keeper for sure.

Jan 19, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #49 of 133
I actually found a US retailer that spposedly has it. https://www.ttvjaudio.com/Questyle_CMA_Twelve_Headphone_Amp_and_DAC_p/que0000013.htm

I have been thinking about using this as an integrated setup for my living room. The fact that it has input switching and volume control with the remote makes it perfect for watching TV, then switching to headphone listening, then loudspeaker listening.

I was also pretty surprised by the price, as it is great value for what you are getting. They apparently have a Master version with a ceramic PCB and hand matched components... but that is $1999 and seems like a lot of money for those couple of differences.

You may want to contact The Source in Torrance, California, about Questyle. That store does a lot of mail order business. I may sell my Musical Fidelity DAC and Gilmore Lite mk2 amp and get the Questyle. Pricing is identical between that combo and the CMA Twelve.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #50 of 133
My balanced cable arrived for the LCD2C and I can say without doubt that their is an improvement in dynamics and soundstage compared to SE with the Twelve. Very happy with the Twelve.

Jan 19, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #51 of 133
My balanced cable arrived for the LCD2C and I can say without doubt that their is an improvement in dynamics and soundstage compared to SE with the Twelve. Very happy with the Twelve.

I got the Twelve Master in for the loaner program this week. And I wish I had a balanced cable for my LCD2C... I have to crank the volume way up on SE

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #52 of 133
Jan 22, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #54 of 133
Jan 26, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #55 of 133
My brief review of the Twelve: End Game.

I have (and have auditioned) several well received headphones and have owned or auditioned many amp / dac combos over the years. The Questyle Twelve has to be the most refined and transparent amp I have heard. I do not believe I can come across an amp that can better the Twelve enough to make a difference.

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #56 of 133
My brief review of the Twelve: End Game.

I have (and have auditioned) several well received headphones and have owned or auditioned many amp / dac combos over the years. The Questyle Twelve has to be the most refined and transparent amp I have heard. I do not believe I can come across an amp that can better the Twelve enough to make a difference.

There's not too many current mode amplifiers out there, and I have seen few amplifiers or DAC's that are even fully balanced (the grounds are shared at some point unless you use monoblocks). The circuit must be fairly exotic, and I would like to get a closer look at it.

Would anybody happen to know what the output impedance of the Twelve would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back