Any New Orleans area Head-Fi members?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #31 of 57
Old Metairie checking in. I'm about as an amateur at this stuff as can be. I'm wanting to fonny break away from the cheap stuff and start hearing music for its potential.

Trying to determine what will sound best for prog rock/prog metal, and stoner sound.

If you guys plan a meetup, include me.

Bobby

Feb 2, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #32 of 57
I would still be happy to attend a meet, but I have sold most of my headphone stuff. I still have the W4S DAC and SX-950 but I use them with my speakers.  I sold most of it off slowly to help pay for school and other expenses as they came up. When I accumulated more discretionary income I ended up spending it on another hobby. The STAX setup was the best I have heard, but I can't be spending that kind of money again soon. Maybe another set of LCDs will be in my future. Those will run just fine on my Pioneer. 

As for Wilson Audio, I am not the biggest fan. Some nice stuff, but he harps too much about how two channel is better than surround sound, even for films.

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #33 of 57
Peek a Boo!! Greetings from The Woods of Livingston! near Baton Rouge if it doesn't t ring a bell..... I too am new to the hifi scene but have an ok setup made out of Asus and Onkyo hand-me-downs.... and some k701's and Sony xb's i have collected over time....
I'd love to make a meet sometime to get a better feel of whats out there.

Aug 26, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #36 of 57
Sorry just learning to use this thing as I just joined. Also in Midcity .

Aug 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #37 of 57
Hello. I live in Baton Rouge. I would love to meet up and check out some high end set ups; as well as share my setup ( bifrost uber>m-stage hpa-2>hd 800)

EDIT:Added pictures.
EDIT2:Deleted Pictures

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #38 of 57
My setup is a little more midfi. I'm running oppo->zdac->Schiit lyr-> q701/focal classic/ hd570. I use a laptop as often asus->geek out 450->focal spirit classic. Using CDs or wav 1440 files. Nothing is gonna compare to those hd800s. But I'm happy with it / them for now

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:23 AM Post #39 of 57
My setup is a little more midfi. I'm running oppo->zdac->Schiit lyr-> q701/focal classic/ hd570. I use a laptop as often asus->geek out 450->focal spirit classic. Using CDs or wav 1440 files. Nothing is gonna compare to those hd800s. But I'm happy with it / them for now

Great, man. I would love to try out that Schiit lyr with my setup, and try out all your cans. I wish there was a bigger community of headphone enthusiasts in the area.

Aug 30, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #41 of 57
Both of you guys have phones I'd like to hear. What days are good. We're hitting season here so I'm down to Wednesday off. But im usually free until 2pm if its local.

Aug 30, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #42 of 57
I work at a restaurant, so my schedule is constantly in flux...but I could meet up on a Wednesday night. It is about an hour drive out to New Orleans. I get my schedule today or tomorrow. So now we need to just find a place or pick one.

I would also like to hear those HE-500s as well!

I can't host as I live with my parents in Baton Rouge....but I have money and we could rent a hotel or something else...

EDIT: Added info

Aug 30, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #43 of 57
If you're planning an all nighter that may be the only option. I can host for a couple hours but a surly dog and gf make it uncomfortable for extended periods.Our place is pretty small.
I also work in service but nights only. Let me know how your schedule shapes up. I know this should be a pm but still hoping for joiners

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #44 of 57
I've always been a headphone/earphone enthusiast, but I'm trying to branch out from another expensive hobby (whiskey).

I live in Lakeview, but my main rig is at my office in Mandeville: Schiit Modi > Valhalla 2 > HD700.

Until about a month ago it was FiiO E17 > HD650, which has moved home. I also have a set of Shure 535s and nice surround and stero office setups. I'd like to meet some folks in the area that are into this stuff as well.

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #45 of 57
Yeah, aphexist. I would like to meet up as well. I'd like to trying your Valhalla 2 and listen to your other cans. The can enthusiasts seem to be far and few between on Head-Fi. I have been considering making a longer drive or flight out to the bigger Head-Fi meets. Though, I am down for a small meet up. As you have probably read in the above thread me and this other guy were trying to meet up. He has some other Schitt gear that I wanted to try. I am happy to see some life in this thread. I continually check it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back