Any New MP3CD Player Coming Out?
Aug 25, 2002 at 5:03 PM Post #16 of 22
Tina,
That person was me. D-CJ01 has a similar sound characteristics to D-777. However, It has less resolution. To me, D-777 is a lot better still....but CJ01 headphone out is better to those EJ1000.

Jini,
I do not know the info. Sorry, but they will be out soon...I'm sure.
Purk

Aug 25, 2002 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 22
Damn, I just ordered a SlimX and it's coming tomorrow. Oh well, I like the look of the Slim X better. I wonder, as for the Slim X you can purchase the remote seperately, if this new remote will be compatible with the original Slim X?

I doubt it, but it would be nice if it was. That remote coupled with the original Slim X would be cool
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
<sigh>

with 13 replies i didnt get even ONE answer to my main question.

how sad is that?

Jipi

I'll try to answer your main question. it's common practice for sony that by september to january, they release new units on their walkmans. so just hang on in there. but then again, the releases are always based on the sales and market response of the products. you can observe that some products are followed by newer versions while some don't. but in the case of the d-cj01, mp3cd has gained market status and sony seems to have a good compitition going (i-river, apple etc.). so just hang on in there and we will see a newer version of the model soon. let's just hope the features will be a better head-to-head with the slim-x2. sony sometimes seems to ignore the other products features and just go on with their own (as for the case of sony vs. sharp md's). but then again, we can never tell.

cheers,
Tina

Aug 26, 2002 at 1:32 AM Post #19 of 22
Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

I was hoping before xmas if possible.. I'll call and stalk them :p
I'm pretty sure they will have fixed that FFWD problem. At least
I have the best wishes for them to do it. And hopefully we will
see some firmware upgrades thrown in there aswell. And maybe
a better navigation program? And a better LCD? ... Maybe I'm
just dreaming though.. I'm hoping at least :p

Aug 26, 2002 at 1:56 AM Post #20 of 22
I will second the opinion on the SlimX hiss. The original IMP-100 had a bad hiss. The next, the IMP-250 had a hiss, though less sever. Again - with the SlimX - the hiss became less obtrusive - but I could still hear it when listening to Radiohead. And NO, it was not the MP3s.

Aug 30, 2002 at 11:00 PM Post #22 of 22
As my first official post here, I figure I'd help out and try to clear up this "wool cone" confusion. I translated, with my half-way decent korean, the section on "wool cones" only to find that, much to my dismay, there is no mention (surprise?) of wool cones in the korean text. The authors merely wish to extol the benefits of the new remote, which is bigger, "less stuffy", and allows more info to be displayed on the screen. Specifically, iRiver wants to get across that the screen can display not one, not two, but an incomparable 4 lines of file information on the screen (!).

Plus, it can display text in 37 languages, which is nice. But I digress.

What's actually quite funny is that altavista's translation of "remote control", which is spelled phonetically in Korean (no actual korean word for remote control exists) as raemoteh ****role, is "wool cone". Add a bit of creative pronunciation, and wool cone sounds kinda like remote control, no?
tongue.gif

That's why, incidentally, the term wool cone pops up so much in the translation. Substitute in remote control, and the paragraph makes more sense.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back