Any New MP3CD Player Coming Out?
Aug 20, 2002 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

JiPi

500+ Head-Fier
Wondered if Sony was planning on putting a version 2 of the
D-CJ01. I really liked it, but two missing features made me return
it (not firmware upgradable, no ffwd through mp3).

Or if there is another promising player coming out soon, would
like to hear about it
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you

Aug 21, 2002 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 22
Trent,
It will come with Senn mx-400.

Aug 22, 2002 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 22
Oh cool! Does it say when will it be released? and the price?
Purk, it says it comes with MX 300s on the website. Is it changed? Thanks for the info.

Aug 22, 2002 at 11:47 AM Post #7 of 22
wow. i'll try to look for it here and see if it has an optical out. i'll try if they'll let me audition it and compare it with my older slim-x, wish i have a sony one as well so i can do a better comparison coz i heard from somebody that the sony has better sound than the slim-x (true?). i'll also find out the price for you guys. mmmm...a good 12mW £« 12mW @ 16§Ù. i wonder what are the feature developments (sorry can't understand korean...and the online translator didn't help much either). purk, it mentioned mx300 instead of 400. not that both buds matter in sound difference.

Aug 22, 2002 at 5:41 PM Post #8 of 22
oops...my bad...indeed the mx300. So...nothing surprising here. It should sound decent.

Purk

Aug 24, 2002 at 7:07 AM Post #9 of 22
I emailed iriver..
No date on North American release for the IMP400.
If anyone gets more info, let me know...or post here.
If I remember correctly, the remote is different as is the chassis.
man, I want one....
md

Aug 24, 2002 at 11:13 AM Post #10 of 22
I'm excited.
biggrin.gif
My current unit doesn't have a stuffy wool cone!

7. It is stuffy, li the wool cone is unpleasant,! The possibility of falling in it is not with tu the misfortune arrangement wool cone

- It connected the pulse of chrome style of the main body, li the wool cone the as well wide liquid crystal li all li it indicates information which is various with the wool cone in the wool cone. It indicates only the order of music, grudge it reduces but two it will decrease, li with the wool cone there is a possibility where music 4 there is not a possibility of comparing will decrease and with tu with the misfortune arrangement wool cone to be more convenient it will enjoy.

Aug 24, 2002 at 2:19 PM Post #11 of 22
made a call to iriver and learned that it won't be released till next month. no price available as of this time. millerdog, the remote looks definitely better. now i'm gonna check if they made this unit more thinner than the previous one which was already the thinnest mp3cd player available.

Aug 24, 2002 at 3:25 PM Post #12 of 22
It will as thin as the SlimX, 16.7 mm... Stated on iriver.com forum.

One thing I don't understand: Why is everyone saying like "omg i want one, when is it coming out?"
As far as I can tell, this is nothing more than a SlimX, with a new design (can't say if it's an improvement though), and slightly better audio quality - for these relatively small improvements, you would probably have to pay 50 bucks more, than the original 150$ slimx!

Have I missed something? I am buying my first mp3 player in the near future, would you advise me to go for the SlimX now, or wait for the SlimX2, or possibly a third upcoming player?

Aug 24, 2002 at 3:51 PM Post #14 of 22
if you're a person who will go for better sound, i think the sony d-cj01 is for you. i heard from someone here who owned that unit and the slim-x that the slim-x has a slight hiss. if you're a rock or pop music listener, the hiss will not be too audible but that's a different matter if you like classical music or other quieter genres listener.
but some said that the differences are inaudible. i think i heard somebody said that the cj01 can be almost identical with the d777 sound quality. that's something. and this unit has longer battery life. uses aa recharbles which makes the unit more thicker.
but if you'll go for features, the slim-x may be better for you. the remote can help you navigate easier if you have an mp3 cd of say, 200 songs. and this unit is filmware upgradable so you have a better edge of compatibility in the future. this unit is also slim since it uses gumsticks. but i find my slim-x quite unsturdy. doesn't have that solid feel and some users commented on ending up with a lemon after they accidentally dropped their unit. hope this will not be the cases of the next model.
if you can wait a while, hang on for a few months for the newer sony version which may be december or january (not sure on this update but it's customary for sony to release new stuff during these months, sometimes earlier).
cheers,
Tina

Users who are viewing this thread

Back