Any new HDCD-compatible CDPs still available?
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by greggf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm considering "downgrading" from an Arcam FMJ CD33 to a Rotel RCD-1072.

Would that reflect badly upon me? Would I become an outcast here?
tongue.gif

Social groups and forums are amazing places, aren't they? They make you feel bad if you go from an Accord to a Civic, even if the Civic suits you better and is a more intelligent buy......................

Heh, you know I love my Rotel RCD-1070 but then again it is the only source I've spent a significant amount of time with. Oh and my Civic is running just fine too!

Sep 3, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #18 of 23
The Denon DCM-390, along with some of their higher-end receivers and DVD players. The DVD players in particular are highly-reviewed around here, especially as modification platforms. Denon's carousel CDP reliability is awful, though (ex. DCM-3xx).

Sep 5, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the Oppo's for their universal decoding features. You can really toss any audio format at them and they'll take it happily.
smily_headphones1.gif

I run the 980HD, and used to have a 970HD!

I've heard nothing but good things about the 980, so I can somewhat second this recommendation. I plan on buying one very soon.

Sep 5, 2007 at 5:57 PM Post #22 of 23
The moderators removed a post above mine that was clearly from a spammer. I was definitely not referring to your post
cool.gif

Sep 5, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #23 of 23
Linn Ikemi (released '98 or something through '05 I believe). Out of production now though I think but used units can be had for $1400-2000. Retail is well over $3000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back