Any MST3k fans here?
Jan 7, 2002 at 6:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

mcbiff

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone here like MST3k? If so, what is your favorite episode? And please vote in the poll.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 29
I like watching it, but I can hardly ever find it on TV, so I haven't seen that many episodes.

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:52 PM Post #4 of 29
I voted for Joel (I always thought that as the series went on the skits tended to get a little weaker) - but my current favorite episode is "Puma Man" (A Mike episode); the flying-puma-theme song is hilarous!!

btw I got edonkey2k open right now, downloading "teenage crime wave". The mst3k-dap project rules! I've gotten almost a dozen episodes from edonkey in the last couple of weeks...

Jan 7, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #5 of 29
That's the spirit. Get Girls Town next if you don't have it, and then Hobgoblins. Or maybe Hobgoblins first, it's an amazing episode.

I'm kinda undecided on the Joel/Mike issue myself, I think that the host segments were often better during the Joel era. But the Mike era had better (worse) movie material to work with, and thus produced more hilarious episodes. Gah, I can't vote, they both rock.
smily_headphones1.gif

One thing about watching MST3k, looking at the bottom 100 list on imdb becomes one big painful memory. I've seen quite a lot of the movies on there.

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 29
My Avatar should say it all...

Why no options for Tom Server, Crow or Gypsy?

I voted for Joel becasue he was so funny and seemed stoned half the time (he probably was).

I can relate the most with Tom...

"I'm like the wind baby, *nobody* gets me!"

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:05 PM Post #7 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Nezer
My Avatar should say it all...

Why no options for Tom Server, Crow or Gypsy?

I voted for Joel becasue he was so funny and seemed stoned half the time (he probably was).

I can relate the most with Tom...

"I'm like the wind baby, *nobody* gets me!"

Your avatar is actually what prompted me to start this thread.
smily_headphones1.gif
I didn't include TB in the poll because Joel vs. Mike is the eternal question, the bots were always there.

Jan 7, 2002 at 9:13 PM Post #8 of 29
Favorite episode... Hmm... Well I'd have to say Bride of the Monster... THough, Manos: Hands of Fate was pretty awful...

Fav skit was Tom Servo doing his choir thing. "Here's to the guys and gals that like to fly" or something like that.

Then, of course, you have the Deus ex Machina from Joel's departure in the box marked Hamdingers...

Those were great times. Gammera is always a classic if for no other reason than that annyong Timmy boy.

Jan 8, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #9 of 29
Hey mcbiff, I'm grabbing hobgoblins right now (at all of 1.3KBs
rolleyes.gif
). I think I kind of remember this episode; is it the one with the evil little furballs who were locked up in a movie studio and escape?

My favorite song has to be the "Master ninja theme song", or the subtitled theme song in "Godzilla v. Megalon"
biggrin.gif

Does any one know if the sci-fi channel is still airing episodes?
I heard that last year might be the last.

Jan 8, 2002 at 9:32 AM Post #10 of 29
I get home from my night shift at about 7 a.m. Pacific on Saturday mornings, and I can't get to sleep unless I have laughed myself dumb at the boys on Sci-Fi. It's really a crime that this show hasn't found a consistent home, and even more tragic that it's not commercially available on DVD. Even the Simpsons let me down after a while, but MST3K has been going strong since day one.

"I'd like to buy a drug."

cajunchrist

Jan 8, 2002 at 11:19 AM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by AtEase
Hey mcbiff, I'm grabbing hobgoblins right now (at all of 1.3KBs
rolleyes.gif
). I think I kind of remember this episode; is it the one with the evil little furballs who were locked up in a movie studio and escape?

My favorite song has to be the "Master ninja theme song", or the subtitled theme song in "Godzilla v. Megalon"
biggrin.gif

Does any one know if the sci-fi channel is still airing episodes?
I heard that last year might be the last.

That sure is Hobgoblins, I get all giddy from just reading your description.
smily_headphones1.gif
It's gone so far that I actually enjoy the movie itself and would not hesitate to watch it un-mistied.

I agree on the Godzilla vs. Megalon song, it's hilarious.

According to http://www.mst3kinfo.com (great website BTW) Sci-fi channel will continue to show MST3k at least during 2002. And even if they stop, there will always be the DAP for your quick fix of M/J&TB.

Jan 8, 2002 at 6:29 PM Post #12 of 29
"Gamerra is good to eat
Gamerra is turtle meat"

I loved the Joel episodes - hard to believe he's a Minnesotan.

Or maybe it isn't. I haven't met anyone like him. 'Course I've never been to Hopkins...

My favorite line (often heard whenever there is a scene with a howling snowy blizzard)

"Minnesota! Spring!"

Also ran- when Crow, upon seeing a mans face with blood on the cheek:

"Weasles ripped my flesh!"

"Rzzzzz!" - T. Servo

When is it on? What network?

Jan 8, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #13 of 29
Best episodes imho are "Prince of Space" and "SoulTaker".

I also liked the "Coily the Spring Sprite" short....

I dont remember which Godzilla it was but the people were trying to open this one door and they finally get it open. One guy says: "Its a Nuclear reactor!"

THe MST guys shout in unison: "It was locked for a reason!"

i just wish i knew the flick.

Jan 8, 2002 at 8:45 PM Post #14 of 29
Erix, there still showing reruns of the more recent episodes on
the sci-fi channel on Saturday mornings @10:00 IIRC.

mst3k-dap Is the
mst3k Digital Archive Project. They're a group of misties who capped (almost) the entire series and distribute the episodes on-line. If you read the faq you should be able to figure out how to download the shows...

Jan 9, 2002 at 4:07 AM Post #15 of 29
Oh my god! Manos: Hands of Fate. I cannot believe someone else saw that film. It was the only film I have ever seen that is entirely incomprehensible. It is like watching a train wreck. I love MST3k, but I have not seen it for years. I was much more of a Joel fan. I think the skits during his era were much more natural. There was also some secret agent/ James Bond take off that was really funny. It had a guy who looked just like Prince, and they kept harping on that. It was hilarious.

By the way, has anyone seen Yor: Hunter from the Future ? I don't know if it has been done on MST3k, but it really should be. It is a totally ridiculous Beastmaster type movie (as if Beastmaster wasn't bad enough). Here is a review that should give you an idea of what it is like: http://www.stomptokyo.com/movies/y/y...om-future.html
My friend has the movie on beta, the only format on which one should store such a film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back