Any MIT students??
Aug 28, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 18
Because not many Americans want to purse phD, they just join working class after undergard. For graduate schools however, that's how those foreigners stay in US. Say you are a Chinese, you can't just goto US and work here, if you have no relative here then it's hard for you to get Visa. However if you come to US as a graduate student you have a chance of staying in US if you can get a job that gets you a green card, then you are all set. This is one of the major reasons why so many foreigners apply graduate schools here.

Aug 28, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 18
I went to MIT for two years, but then decided to go elsewhere.

If I hadn't changed my mind half way through, I would have continued to attend. MIT is a wonderful, challenging place, where you will be able to experience some of the most innovative, intelligent things to hit out world. When you go to MIT, you're the best of the best.

However, you really have to love what you're doing, because it's incredibly hard work and you get little free time. The up side to all of this is that the parties are almost always out of control, and the lack of girls is not a problem - there's lots of good ones from Boston University, and you'll definitely see BU kids over there.
biggrin.gif

Just remember that you have to love what you do - and if you do, you'll love MIT. However, I had a change in careers, and therefore stopped enjoying what I did. Now I'm at NYU, which is definitely not as challenging of a school, but it was worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back