Any MiniDisc lovers?
Sep 14, 2006 at 9:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

clevermouse1984

New Head-Fier
Hi everybody! I`m a new comer here, hope to find someone also with passion to MD. I have collected these amazing tiny stuff for copples of years, with a collection of Sharp DS8/70/77----all top models of the 1 Bit Series. I really appreciate their metallic body, LCD remote control with beutiful back-light, and--of course--the outstanding sound quality. Unfortunately they are now almost discontinued products. Well, I would miss them........

BTW, I heard that Sony Rh1 would be the last model of Sony MDs. I want to get one but I`m afraid to see it disappoint me----some people said that it`s disign for recording so isn`t suitbale for listenning music. So, is there any one has one that can share his view of this? Thanks for your kindness.

Sep 14, 2006 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 62
Though not a collector, I still love minidisc. I have a Sony MZ-E75, a Panasonic SJ-MJ78 and the star of my collection a Sony JA20ES home deck. Sadly though I think this medium will eventually fall by the wayside.

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #3 of 62
I have a RH1 and also an HD-5.... the RH1 sound is excellent, and has NO hiss at all.. Even when it has been created more towards recording, it´s playback is flawless... I use a almost only MP3s in VBR2 (Using LAME) and to bo honest I have not heard any better sounding portable Digital audio player (I have sonys, Iaudio and iRiver... also heard some ipods)...
eggosmile.gif

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #5 of 62
Welcome aboard.

I love my MD stuff-great gadgets. Tho being macintosh based I tend to find my ipods more convenient.

But what could be cooler than a hello kitty minidisc?

M

Sep 14, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #6 of 62
I am also a minidisc enthusiast! Man back in middle school when cd burners were 4x and served one dud every 10 discs, I showed off my 32x md recorder and its hard drive like fragmentation capabilities... Ive never had any quality md player/recorders tho, only the ones from sony. Do you guys get them at audiocubes?

Ive always wondered if there were any other software besides the sony ones that only run on windows....

Its just the fact that you can record live shows so perfectly, and that those discs sound so nice when you rattle them
lambda.gif

Carrying around these things make me feel like some kind of agent something because most of the general public have no idea what it is!!

Sep 14, 2006 at 2:19 PM Post #7 of 62
hYdrociTy,

I bought my RH1 about a month ago while on a business trip to the UK.. however I found out yesterdaythat Sony in my country have them on stock! (I am in Costa Rica)... funny thing, because I also went on a trip to the US 15 days ago and was not able to find one on any sony store :p

Sep 14, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 62
I still use MD... great sounding format. I use a minidisc deck, Senn HD25-1's or Koss KSC-75's and this:

E730-1.jpg

E730-6.jpg

E730-2.jpg

E730-4.jpg

From Maiden to Miles, everything sounds great on it-- the Type-S and 5-band EQ really help, and the digital amp sounds quite big, especially w/ the headphones listed above.

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 62
*raises hand*

Another MD enthusiast here.
eggosmile.gif

My current inventory includes:

Sony MZ-NHF800
Sony MZ-R900 (almost sold)
Sony MZ-EP11
Panasonic SJ-MJ50
Aiwa AM-F80
Sony MDS-JE330
JVC XM-PJ1

Sep 14, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #10 of 62
Please don't flame me... Is there any reason to get a mindisc player right now if I'm not that interested in recording? I've been looking for a new player for a long time now. But I'm still lugging around an old Panasonic pcdp because I can't find a dap that sounds better than it.

Sep 14, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 62
to mackay maus
I`ve got a MD just like your ID----the pioneer Mk2----a special edition for mickey mouse. It`s lovely and sounds great----I prefer it as top 3 of all Sharp models.

to hYdrociTy
well, I guess that the latest Sonicstage 4.0 may have a MAC version. Why not try that? you can down load it online on Sony asian-pacific service website.

to mazinger
It seems that not everywhere in the world can you get a RH1. I must go to Hong Kong to get a black version----black is always my favourite.

to appar111
Woo! A e730! I`ve looked for it for a long time until I got a Eh1. I only heard it once and it just carved in my mind----amazing! I like it more than the legendry R909. Nice stuff!

to KrazyIvan
Hey! I also have a F80! It`s output is great, powerful may be a better word. To be frank, I`m a Sharp fan, besides those 1 bits, I have a ST531, 3 ST770 with all colours, and MS100----that`s really a curio. And of course, the Sony NH1 and EH1, too.

also thanks for those reply this post, I still need sometime to decide whether buy a RH1, because I already have a NH1 and don`t know if Rh1 sounds better or worse than it. Thanks for all of your advices.

Sep 14, 2006 at 7:46 PM Post #13 of 62
my patience is wearing thin with sony. i'm already set on unloading my EH1, and the RH1 sad to say could be next. it's a wonder why the whole lot of manufacturers (Panasonic, Sharp, Kenwood, et al.) have ceased production of MD. i still love MD; but i'm sorry but sony certainly sucked the fun out of my use for MD

Sep 14, 2006 at 7:48 PM Post #14 of 62
I still have my Sony MZ-R90 and a few MDs by the recording labels. I'm still amazed at how good they can sound. I hope eventually I will have the funds to pick up a Sony MZ-NH1.

Sep 14, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #15 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by camille
my patience is wearing thin with sony. i'm already set on unloading my EH1, and the RH1 sad to say could be next. it's a wonder why the whole lot of manufacturers (Panasonic, Sharp, Kenwood, et al.) have ceased production of MD. i still love MD; but i'm sorry but sony certainly sucked the fun out of my use for MD

x2
especially what happened to this guy
poor chap!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back