Any metalheads?
Oct 4, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #18 of 46
i'm a huge fan of death metal, especially the florida & new york scenes, although i love most early stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrD3i2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Summoning is awesome, also if you're into black symphonic maybe um some Therion... Um Check out Fintroll as well..YOU WONT BE DISSAPOINTED
smily_headphones1.gif

avoid symphonic Therion. get Beyond Sanctorum. it's straight up death metal and is one of the best albums in the genre. they sold out after their 3rd album or so... avoid Dethklok, too.

if you want good melodic death metal:

Intestine Baalism - An Anatomy of the Beast [size=xx-small](funny combo: brutal melodic death metal from japan)[/size]
At the Gates - The Red in the Sky is Ours

must-have tech death:

Gorguts - Obscura
Demilich - Nespithe [size=xx-small](this one is available for free in high-bitrate mp3 or flac from their site)[/size]

not as good but still good tech death:

Anata - The Infernal Depths of Hatred
Pavor - Furioso
Gorod - Leading Vision

death metal is such a great genre of music. it's a shame that most people ignore it entirely. it reflects on the ugliness of humankind and society, which just won't do for many... and yet, most people that do listen to it listen to it for the wrong reasons: they're rejects and seek refuge in "rebellious" music.

Oct 4, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #20 of 46
A metalhead.. among other things
smily_headphones1.gif

Summoning's Oath Bound is awesome!
Seems the trolls have made it to the New World, if C38368 went to their gig. Hooray! How was it btw?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mindless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Flames, Soilwork, Dark Tranquility to name a few.

Might want to give Scar Symmetry a try if you haven't already. Not exactly re-inventing the wheel but they're quite good at what they do.

Oct 4, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 46
Huh, guess I should list a few bands worth checking out. Death, then black:

Cryptopsy
Blood Red Throne
Bloodbath
Beheaded
Dying Fetus
Deeds of Flesh
Job For a Cowboy (Genesis, not earlier stuff)
Skinless
Visceral Bleeding
Vital Remains
Sickening Horror
Cephalic Carnage
Death
God Dethroned
Malevolent Creation
Laethora
Nile
Vader
Vomitory

Abgott
Anaal Nathrakh
Anorexia Nervosa
Ancient
Avsky
Blood Red Fog
Cirith Gorgor
Gernotshagen
Horn
Horna
Immortal
Limbonic Art
Naglfar
Wedard
Worms of Sabnok
Wyrd
Xasthur

Oct 5, 2007 at 8:55 PM Post #23 of 46
Have a sense of humor guys. Deathklok is DAMN good for a cartoon lol. I was not saying they are better than the obviously dominant metal messengers but merely the most BRUTAL. Smile once in a while. Oh my! Am I an EmoMetalhead? lol no I like everything. even yodeling when recorded right.

Oct 6, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #29 of 46
another recommendation: Portal - Seepia. i hear their newest, Outre, is also quite good. seepia has some seriously ****ed up moods & atmospheres. a great album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zarathustra19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Huh, guess I should list a few bands worth checking out. Death, then black:

Cryptopsy
Blood Red Throne
Bloodbath
Beheaded
Dying Fetus
Deeds of Flesh
Job For a Cowboy (Genesis, not earlier stuff)
Skinless
Visceral Bleeding
Vital Remains
Sickening Horror
Cephalic Carnage
Death
God Dethroned
Malevolent Creation
Laethora
Nile
Vader
Vomitory

Abgott
Anaal Nathrakh
Anorexia Nervosa
Ancient
Avsky
Blood Red Fog
Cirith Gorgor
Gernotshagen
Horn
Horna
Immortal
Limbonic Art
Naglfar
Wedard
Worms of Sabnok
Wyrd
Xasthur

sorry dude but most of that stuff is really, really horrible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SR-71Panorama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up Immolation's Here in After. Holy cow, what a good album. Also picked up the new one, but haven't stopped playing Here In After, its too damn good.
blink.gif

their later stuff is decent... but, if you really want to be wowed, get Dawn of Possession.

Oct 8, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #30 of 46
I'm a metal head too. I'm into 80's thrash metal, death metal, melodic death metal and black metal.
Someone in this thread mentioned the band Summoning. Are you talking about the black metal band Summoning from my home city Vienna?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back