Any meets happening in AZ?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #31 of 48
I know Paul at the Tempe LMC. Great guy but the location isn't set up for a meet. Go check out his store though, he has the Focal Utopia and Elear.

I (or at least my wallet) could have gone all this year and next without knowing that :o2smile:

Jul 19, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #34 of 48
So any news on getting a meet setup this summer?

Is anyone currently the go-to person for setting these things up? If not, would someone like to work together on getting a meet put together (if that effort isn't already underway)?

I've got some cans I'd really like to get other's thoughts on, plus I think my girlfriend is seriously getting tired of me talking about headphones and crap she doesn't care about lol.

Jul 20, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #35 of 48
It seems like the go-to people have gotten busy with life and vanished on us. Anyone can setup a meet, all you need is a conference room with a lot of power outlets, some tables and chairs, and make a new thread with the time and place. If you get the location scheduled, people will show up :)

Jul 26, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #36 of 48
I'd likely show up.

BTW, been to the Scottsdale LMC. Very nice people. Tried the Elear and Utopia. Was really liking the Utopia with the selected tracks they were choosing for me. When I tried some of what I normally listen to it was hit or miss. Especially Led Zep Kashmir was too flat, no bass.

Anyway, maybe I'll have something for the next meet. Seriously thinking of spontaneously ordering Abyss Phi and Wells Audio Milo... Supposed to be good for rock with good bass. Dac would be later.

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #38 of 48
Very cool. I'm in too. I'll help anyone who wants to get set something up. Don't know what goes into this, but I could probably look around for a room. Enough room for how many? You guys were saying 20 tables or 20 people showed up for the last meet?
Not sure I'd bring anything this time around except for some HP's but I'm definitely down for helping and getting this set up and hanging for the day and doing whatever it takes to make it happen.
Greg

Aug 1, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 48
I've set up a few meets in Albuquerque, and here's what you need to do:

1) Get a room. A library room that is design to hold 100 is perfect size room. There are usually a few libraries that have such a room. Reserve it for the whole day. There is commonly a cost, and you need to front that, then ask for donations at the meet. IN Albuquerque and Denver we have never had any trouble covering the room cost with donations.
2) Create a banner graphic for the meet. a few weeks before the meet, send an email to Head-Fi (through the support link) asking for the banner to be displayed not he home page.
3) Create a new tread for the meet and put all the meet info in the first post.
4) Post on prior AZ meet threads about the new meet.

That's pretty much it. Have it when the temp is reasonable, and the wife and I will make a weekend of it and come from New Mexico :)

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #40 of 48
Very cool. Appreciate the guidance and post. Looks simple enough.

I'll look around. If anyone else is interested in finding somewhere to host this, let me know and we can go at this from a few different directions.
How about location? Generel idea where everyone's at? Central, northwest valley, east valley?

Aug 2, 2017 at 2:18 PM Post #42 of 48
Most of the prior meets have been in central phoenix/downtown area, but I think we could do better. If treated like the special occasion it is (we only do 1-2 a year), I don't think asking some to drive 30min to 1hr to get there would be the end of the world. I've driven 3hr to get to a trailhead for hikes or off-roading clubs after all. I don't live even close to Apache Junction but I'd drive way out there if need be for a fun day indulging my hobby. :)

We usually get 15-30 people and you need a bit of table space, close to 10 of those 6-8' tables is enough generally, usually the place we book can provide them. Parking near the actual room is helpful as some bring large and heavy gear (or just a lot of it). Also be transparent about the costs and it'll be easier to get donations.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:28 PM Post #43 of 48
Most of the prior meets have been in central phoenix/downtown area, but I think we could do better. If treated like the special occasion it is (we only do 1-2 a year), I don't think asking some to drive 30min to 1hr to get there would be the end of the world. I've driven 3hr to get to a trailhead for hikes or off-roading clubs after all. I don't live even close to Apache Junction but I'd drive way out there if need be for a fun day indulging my hobby. :)

We usually get 15-30 people and you need a bit of table space, close to 10 of those 6-8' tables is enough generally, usually the place we book can provide them. Parking near the actual room is helpful as some bring large and heavy gear (or just a lot of it). Also be transparent about the costs and it'll be easier to get donations.

Great, appreciate the feedback and guidance. As soon as I get a day off, I'll look around and find a place to host this. I live in Surprise and like you, I'll drive. If everyone would or could give me some geological areas of where they live (who would attend) I'd do my best to accommodate the majority. I'll let everyone know what I come up with. But it'll probably be another week. Job kinda sucks working 60 hours and 6 days a week.
Greg

Aug 2, 2017 at 6:17 PM Post #44 of 48
@koover please contact @Destroysall and @Coolzo to set up a meeting place and time as they have been instrumental in past meets and I believe they might have some plans for this fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back