Any Meet in Boston area?
May 15, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #91 of 134
Reasons to hold the meet in the suburbs.
Cost – space is much cheaper.
Ample parking.
Accessibility – Somewhere out on 495 or 128 is easier for people from ME. NH. CT. and anyone from the Boston suburbs to get to.

Reasons to hold a city meet.
Reachable by public transportation.
Potentially more peripheral activities (I’m being kind here), restaurants ect.

Realistically, how many people that want to come don't have cars? It seems silly to have the meet in the city to suit a few individuals. I live in the city, but I have a car, and I am more than happy to give a ride to someone in need.

A meet held in the city will invariably end up being a portable equipment meet. Most people (At least me) will not lug larger home-style sources and amps into the city. There is no way I'm bringing my equipment on the T. Hell, parking in Cambridge is so bad that I'd never consider going to a meet where street parking is the only option.

May 18, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #93 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmichael
I live 10 miles from Marlborough, August 19th would be a perfect date. If its Marlborough on the 19th, I'm in, and I'll bring everything I own that's portable.

pshaw, bring it all man!
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2006 at 9:27 PM Post #97 of 134
I should have around 15 cans plus a new source and DAC by then.

Jun 8, 2006 at 10:12 PM Post #98 of 134
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yikes
Reasons to hold the meet in the suburbs.
Cost – space is much cheaper.
Ample parking.
Accessibility – Somewhere out on 495 or 128 is easier for people from ME. NH. CT. and anyone from the Boston suburbs to get to.

Reasons to hold a city meet.
Reachable by public transportation.
Potentially more peripheral activities (I’m being kind here), restaurants ect.

Realistically, how many people that want to come don't have cars? It seems silly to have the meet in the city to suit a few individuals. I live in the city, but I have a car, and I am more than happy to give a ride to someone in need.

A meet held in the city will invariably end up being a portable equipment meet. Most people (At least me) will not lug larger home-style sources and amps into the city. There is no way I'm bringing my equipment on the T. Hell, parking in Cambridge is so bad that I'd never consider going to a meet where street parking is the only option.

I may not be able to get to a Marlboro meet.
I don't know about binkgle and Hembergler, the other two headfi-ers from my school, but I'd pretty much only be able to take the commuter rail into boston, because I can't drive yet.
I might be able to get a ride, but never know.

PS, any idea when yet?

Jun 9, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #99 of 134
If all stays as it is currently planned, ill have a millet or two, sr325i's, some MS-1's, some hd595's, hopefully some electrostatics, and possibly a zhaolu DAC. Oh yea, and portable setup of ipod mini, PINT, and e4c's.
-g
EDIT: Might even bring in the record player and some cartridges.

Jun 12, 2006 at 7:25 AM Post #100 of 134
i was hoping to make this but ill be moving to New Jersey on August 1.
confused.gif

im currently living in Newton Center just off Comm Ave. i'm renting a room in a nearly vacant house and i should be able host like 5-10 people here. maybe those of us near the city could have mini-meet sometime in July. let me know if anyone is interested and ill try to swing it with my landlord.

Jun 17, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #102 of 134
A boston meet is just to hard for me with parking and getting there (from agawam).
Marlborough would be much better.

I've never attended a meet before, but would love to! Currently, I have nothing planned for August, and I think I could ask my dad to drive me there (he shares a slight interest in headphones, so he would enjoy it too).

Right now, I don't have much in gear to bring, but what I do have I will bring for sure.

~Drew

Jun 22, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #103 of 134
Any more info on this?
My dad's up to driving me there, so I can make it.

Is there a place reserved for a specific date?

Jun 23, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #105 of 134
Booking a room at a location that caters to large conventions in never easy. I am trying to firm up a room for August 26th, which was the originally proposed date. I believe this also better accommodates one of those DIY guys….. 8~)

My contacts at the Best Western have all left, which means I cannot lock in a particular room; just something that will accommodate our group size. Drats . .

I have a contract being sent over so hope to lock down a room within the week. I will then have an official announcement and attendee/gear signup published.

The other "bennie" I seem to have lost is the special room rate, if less than 10 people stay overnight. Sans a deal, the rooms will be anywhere from 99 - 109 per night. Anyone planning to rent a room for Saturday night?

At any rate, look forward to seeing you all again,

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back