Any major Difference between the Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm and 250ohm?
May 16, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Quote:
I have the 250ohm version and a friend of mine is selling his 600ohm. Wondering if there are any big differences in the sound quality.

The DT880 Premium 600-Ohm should be a little more comfortable to wear over the DT880 Pro 250-Ohm.
The sound quality of the premium 600-Ohm should be a little better then the DT880 Pro 250-Ohm.
Also will need an decent amplifier that has enough voltage to drive 600-Ohm headphones.

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
thx for the informations. but i would like to ask you guys, is iBasso d-zero enough to drive dt880 600 ohm? or should i buy the 250 ohm ones? thx :)

What's the price difference between the two? That'll determine whether it's worth getting the 600 ohm one. And the iBasso d-zero... hmm I don't know if it quite has the voltage to power the diaphragms efficiently. It measures pretty well for a portable amp though and should be plenty for the 250 ohm ones. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:47 AM Post #6 of 8
since i am in Indonesia, it's really hard to get dt880. but actually.... i found a place that sells 600 Ohm version that's cheaper than 250 ohm version -_-...... and the 250 ohm version is still more than US$350 here...... -_-...... so.... i need to decide on which version that i will buy. and do u guys think it's better than ath-m50 LE? i would use my headphones mainly on portable devices and laptops. But sometimes i might use it on a mixer for monitoring..... so, can u guys please give me your opinions? thx :). (btw... d-zero's Power Source is : Built-in 4.2V Li-polymer batteries) i'm pretty sure it's enough for 250, but not sure for 600 version)

Aug 19, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
since i am in Indonesia, it's really hard to get dt880. but actually.... i found a place that sells 600 Ohm version that's cheaper than 250 ohm version -_-...... and the 250 ohm version is still more than US$350 here...... -_-...... so.... i need to decide on which version that i will buy. and do u guys think it's better than ath-m50 LE? i would use my headphones mainly on portable devices and laptops. But sometimes i might use it on a mixer for monitoring..... so, can u guys please give me your opinions? thx :). (btw... d-zero's Power Source is : Built-in 4.2V Li-polymer batteries) i'm pretty sure it's enough for 250, but not sure for 600 version)

I know a lot of people will tell you amps make a huge difference but most of the time I think it's a bit exaggerated. It should be fine. 

I've never had the chance to compare the two directly. But if I did, the first thing I would notice would be the soundstage. The M50s should sound a bit more congested in comparison, and a lot less "airier". M50s should have more bass but I found its bass to greatly leak into the midrange. The beyerdynamics are much more well balanced, with slight treble emphasis which is great for mixing/ monitoring purposes, to discern unwanted details in the music. Strictly music wise though, the treble did fatigue me. You could always EQ it a bit down though, that'll help. Midrange (vocals) should be better on the DT880. 

Aug 19, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:
I know a lot of people will tell you amps make a huge difference but most of the time I think it's a bit exaggerated. It should be fine. 

I've never had the chance to compare the two directly. But if I did, the first thing I would notice would be the soundstage. The M50s should sound a bit more congested in comparison, and a lot less "airier". M50s should have more bass but I found its bass to greatly leak into the midrange. The beyerdynamics are much more well balanced, with slight treble emphasis which is great for mixing/ monitoring purposes, to discern unwanted details in the music. Strictly music wise though, the treble did fatigue me. You could always EQ it a bit down though, that'll help. Midrange (vocals) should be better on the DT880. 

okay. thx a lot for the help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back