Any Macbook Pro owners?
May 27, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
Bangraman: Where did you purchase your Mac and how much for if you don't mind?

I'm probably going to get mine from eBay. How does the warranty work? And will purchasing an Applecare plan here in the UK work for an machine bought off eBay from the States?

I ordered it from the Apple Store.
17" MBP, 23" display, Office, Applecare. Just over £3000 + VAT I think.

Jun 2, 2006 at 4:03 PM Post #17 of 52
I got it this morning. You know, under the skin I know it's almost exactly the same machine as my Dell Inspiron 9400. But the 'overall feeling' of using the system... what a difference.

Jun 2, 2006 at 8:40 PM Post #18 of 52
Nice to hear that you haven't got a 'dud' Bangraman

I've changed my mind on getting a Macbook Pro now, instead I'm getting the lesser known Zepto 6615WD.

You're free to bombard me with What questions now
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #19 of 52
Any macbook owners? I've been looking for high res photos of the macbook (I don't care about the macbook pro) with no luck of findinga ny. If you do have a link with them, feel free to post it or pm me with them.

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #20 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow
Nice to hear that you haven't got a 'dud' Bangraman

I've changed my mind on getting a Macbook Pro now, instead I'm getting the lesser known Zepto 6615WD.

You're free to bombard me with What questions now
tongue.gif

All I can say is you're making a mistake
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
All I can say is you're making a mistake
tongue.gif

What's a zepto? A name of a future space craft jet flying consumer machine? LOL, heh, I am really interested in the macbook, is nobody else? I've beens eeing all these macbook pro threads
frown.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
What's a zepto? A name of a future space craft jet flying consumer machine? LOL, heh, I am really interested in the macbook, is nobody else? I've beens eeing all these macbook pro threads
frown.gif

i have a macbook and have been using it for the past week...i upgraded from a 1GHz ibook and the difference is huge, as it should be. what would you like to know, besides seeing high-res photos?...unfortunately, my crappy satellite connection prevents me from uploading huge picture files to my server, but i can answer any questions you may have. i have the white one, 2.0, 80GB hard drive (though i may install a 120 if i decide to install windows later on), 2 GB ram (bought for $150)...

on topic, though, that's a fine machine you have there, bangraman...i think it's too big to be truly portable (especially for use on planes) but fantastic specs...

Jun 2, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #23 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino
i have a macbook and have been using it for the past week...i upgraded from a 1GHz ibook and the difference is huge, as it should be. what would you like to know, besides seeing high-res photos...unfortunately, my crappy satellite connection prevents me from uploading huge picture files to my server, but i can answer any questions you may have. i have the white one, 2.0, 80GB hard drive (though i may install a 120 if i decide to install windows later on), 2 GB ram (bought for $150)...

on topic, though, that's a fine machine you have there, bangraman...i think it's too big to be truly portable (especially for use on planes) but fantastic specs...

Would you be willing to take even some decent res photos (1280x1024, or even 2xxx x 1xxx) and try uploading them on imageshack? You can get some fairly high res photos under 1 megabyte from what I've seen.

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #24 of 52
Quote:

Would you be willing to take even some decent res photos (1280x1024, or even 2xxx x 1xxx) and try uploading them on imageshack? You can get some fairly high res photos under 1 megabyte from what I've seen.

satellite broadband sucks so it takes a really long time to upload stuff...i'd certainly do it after the weekend when i'm at school and have access to faster wifi...but there has to be a bunch of MB photos on some of the mac sites like macworld.com, macrumors.com, appleinsider.com, etc...how about searching those sites?

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

satellite broadband sucks so it takes a really long time to upload stuff...i'd certainly do it after the weekend when i'm at school and have access to faster wifi...but there has to be a bunch of MB photos on some of the mac sites like macworld.com, macrumors.com, appleinsider.com, etc...how about searching those sites?

I'll give it a try, I keep finding these glossed up photos from reviews that are only maybe 1024x768 max.

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #26 of 52
Quote:

i have a macbook and have been using it for the past week...i upgraded from a 1GHz ibook and the difference is huge, as it should be. what would you like to know, besides seeing high-res photos?...unfortunately, my crappy satellite connection prevents me from uploading huge picture files to my server, but i can answer any questions you may have. i have the white one, 2.0, 80GB hard drive (though i may install a 120 if i decide to install windows later on), 2 GB ram (bought for $150)...

I didn't buy it as a true portable. I bought it as a transportable desktop, and for that purpose it's great. In fact as a transportable desktop it is downright svelte. It replaces an iMac which I'm using elsewhere now and I have it hooked up to the 23" Cinema display.

I'll mull over picking up a Macbook later as a beater. Thing is I am a bit swamped by laptops. I need to sort out which to get rid of before I buy any more I think.

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 52
Quote:

I didn't buy it as a true portable. I bought it as a transportable desktop, and for that purpose it's great. In fact as a transportable desktop it is downright svelte. It replaces an iMac which I'm using elsewhere now and I have it hooked up to the 23" Cinema display.

I'll mull over picking up a Macbook later.

Heh, I hate semi transportable things, 14 inches is the largest my screen can be, regardless of weight, I've found that 15.1 and 15.4 just clunks up the size of the laptop dramatically. At the same time, the macbook pro is quite a power house, and its video card is fairly nice. I'de say it's kind of amusing how powerful laptops have gotten, with dual core and the current video cards, it's really a leap over the type of hardware used in the last generation macs, or even pcs. I'de say that even a macbook is very powerful for it's size.

What type of vaio do you have? I have a pcg-z1rap, 14.1" screen, intergrated video card (crappy), 1.5 ghz pentium m, 512 mb ram, 40 gb fujitsu 7200 rpm ide hd (old one died a few weeks back
frown.gif
.) Bought almost 3 years ago
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #28 of 52
I have a PCG-TR2MP, TR5MP, VGN-S2XP and VGN-TX1XP. That and the Samsung Q30 and the Dell Inspiron 9400 too. As I said, swamped. The TR2 will be 2 years old in July so it's up for replacement. It's my 'music stuff' laptop so the logical replacement would seem to be the Macbook. As for the rest... Most probably all will find new homes bar the Samsung.

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #29 of 52
Quote:

I have a PCG-TR2MP, TR5MP, VGN-S2XP and VGN-TX1XP. That and the Samsung Q30 and the Dell Inspiron 9400 too. As I said, swamped. The TR2 will be 2 years old in July so it's up for replacement. It's my 'music stuff' laptop so the logical replacement would seem to be the Macbook. As for the rest... Most probably all will find new homes bar the Samsung.

I will never buy a sony again. After I had to replace the hard drive, I came to the consensus that they are way oto difficult to play around with (the interlas that is of course), and they are really flimsy / made of poor materials. The macbooks hard driev and memory can be changed by just removing the battery! How cool is that?

Jun 2, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #30 of 52
Quote:

I will never buy a sony again. After I had to replace the hard drive, I came to the consensus that they are way oto difficult to play around with (the interlas that is of course), and they are really flimsy / made of poor materials. The macbooks hard driev and memory can be changed by just removing the battery! How cool is that?

that is perhaps the greatest "feature" of the macbook. changing the ibook's ram wasn't too bad, but the hard drive? it took me 3 hours to do it...i was lucky not to void my applecare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back