Any love for the Activo CT10?
Mar 15, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #511 of 609
Wow!!! Thats really bad!!! ☹😡😡😡

Go to trading standards...seriously, they have to do something.

Visit Activo's Facebook, twitter, Instagram and message them up. Also message Astell directly!!!

I'm pleased with my player...but don't use it as much as I'd like....due to the issues with apks and having to search high and low for valid ones.

Believe Activo should provide regular updated lists for its user base. It show that you value your customer base....
I was refunded by the seller so I had no other options than buy different brand's player in the end. Tbh, I'm bit tired as I tried to solve this with seller and also Amazon and they could't do anything else than refund.

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #514 of 609
I was refunded by the seller so I had no other options than buy different brand's player in the end. Tbh, I'm bit tired as I tried to solve this with seller and also Amazon and they could't do anything else than refund.
Phew!!! Thats better then nothing, as its what I thought you got....

There was a bit of a fire sale on these a few months back when they were going for 99quid, which offered exceptional value for what you got...but only if it works...

It has a few quirks but the android based ui is a breeze to use. Sounds great. Its the app issue that bugs me....

I've only managed to Amazon music working. Really want a working Internet radio app working....

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #517 of 609
Just got the Activo after waiting 3 months for shipping.
20210328_214055.jpg20210328_214051.jpg

Apr 5, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #520 of 609
What versions of the Tidal APK are allowed in Firmware 1.20 @JasonNYC ?
I've tried every single one from APK Pure site following the guide on the blog https://us.activostyle.com/blogs/news/open-app-feature-explained
lJvvgrl.png

None of them show in the list to install. I'm able to get other apps, such as Soundcloud and Spotify installed as per the directions.

5LfUd5F.jpg

Is the firmware approved list pinning a version of the Tidal (non-native) app? If so which one.

Apr 5, 2021 at 4:34 AM Post #521 of 609
What versions of the Tidal APK are allowed in Firmware 1.20 @JasonNYC ?
I've tried every single one from APK Pure site following the guide on the blog https://us.activostyle.com/blogs/news/open-app-feature-explained
lJvvgrl.png

None of them show in the list to install. I'm able to get other apps, such as Soundcloud and Spotify installed as per the directions.

5LfUd5F.jpg

Is the firmware approved list pinning a version of the Tidal (non-native) app? If so which one.
Latest usable version of Tidal is 2.31.0
I tried many many versions too. Try to download it from another websine, not from apkpure. It didnt work for me too. Try apkmirror.com and download that second not "bundle" version.

Attachments

• 20210405_102910.jpg
    20210405_102910.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Apr 5, 2021 at 4:57 AM Post #522 of 609
Latest usable version of Tidal is 2.31.0
I tried many many versions too. Try to download it from another websine, not from apkpure. It didnt work for me too. Try apkmirror.com and download that second not "bundle" version.
Thanks heaps @Greave - I just came to the same conclusion after many hours searching.

Most of the APKPure downloads are APKX and won't install without an APKX installer. I tried using an APKX installer (which installed!) but didn't work as documented at Moon Audio.

In the end the versions that are available and work were from https://mobile.softpedia.com/apk/tidal/

I downloaded every version from 2.20.0 to 2.39.0 and copied them across. Came to the same conclusion as the answer you've provided. 2.31.0 and earlier versions all show up in the list 👏

@JasonNYC what does it take to get the newer versions allowed? 2.33.6 introduced an option for use HiFi Tidal subscribers to now choose to play Artist and Track Radio in MQA.

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #525 of 609
Yeah agreed that would be awesome.
I finally get scrobbling from TIDAL on the CT10 too. Stoked.
Me too. I made my Tidal offline collection and I turn off both bluetooth and wifi so I can listen almost whole day :) When wifi or bluetooth is on the battery is draining quite fast. I bought a Miter case on Amazon, it is quite expensive but it is the only one specimen in the world and gives good protection. Than i bought flexible screen protector for Samsung S20 and cut it for the Activo screen size. Man can't do enough to protect this treasure 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back