Any love for the Activo CT10?
Feb 4, 2021 at 10:18 AM Post #499 of 609
Thanks for the prompt response Jason. Is this an issue that they are aware of? My Android phone is fine.
We did reach out to the them. It seems a bit random. I have not been able to log in at all for the last two days on my Samsung S21, but was able to log in and out with no problems on my S10. Out of 3 AK players I have with me, one logs in and out fine, the other two I get the same error message. There are also reports on other manufacturer player threads reporting the same issue, but does not seem to affect everyone.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 16, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #500 of 609
One issue when playing Prime music(amazon) apk installed version 17.3.6.
The music player starts to play a song but no sound is heard. Sound comes after 20 to 30 seconds. Any solutions?

Edit: Amazon Prime Music now working. Alexa assistance needs to be disabled from settings. Also installed the latest version 17.4.2.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #502 of 609
Newest version of Tidal which works with CT10 is 2.31.0 and everything older. It is shame that this version doesn't show you bitrate and khz of the song. Downloading of my offline database of mqa in Tidal is very slow, it took about 6 hours (760 songs). Soundcloud works great, but I had to create new login with Facebook, because my google account which I am using for Soundcloud in my phone didn't work. ICT10 doesn't support google services neither logging using existing google account (as CT10 noticed me). But at last everything works great, fast and the sound is brilliant. I am comparing with DAC dongle Zorloo Ztella MQA version and Zorloo has a little bit wider soundstage and a bit more airy heights. CT10 goes harder to mids. But if you listen it for a couple of hours the sound gets better and better even if u are usin BT aptX earphones. Even the pairing with bluetooth in the car works perfect and fast. Cudos A&K you made a mighty little beast :)

Feb 23, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #503 of 609
I'm looking for advice on the "best" way to connect a CT-10 to my hi-fi amp. I have it connected via line out at the moment and it sounds good. I've read connecting via USB output to a DAC is also an option - but would this be a step up in terms of audio quality? Given the CT-10 also operates as a DAC what (if any) advantage is there in connecting directly to a DAC anyway?

Mar 1, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #504 of 609
I recommend checking out the FAQs on the Astell&Kern US page which will help with some of the basic functions, along with steps to load music streaming services etc. Since the UI is the same as Astell&Kern players, the FAQs are relevant to the CT10 also.

https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center
Hi thanks for all the help in the thread Jason.

So is there no way possible no use any other apps than ones white listed ? While I understand the reason, I use neutron player and also a regional streaming service ( JioSaavn ) along with ones in the list like Spotify tidal . Is there a way any of them be used or added to white list ?

Mar 15, 2021 at 8:13 AM Post #505 of 609
thinking about buying the ct10

any glitch/ problems with it?
battery? ui? touch screen? connection?

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #506 of 609
thinking about buying the ct10

any glitch/ problems with it?
battery? ui? touch screen? connection?
I bought Activo CT10 in December. It broke 2 months later, screen simply went black and it didn't turn on anymore.

I sent it for warranty repair. Manufacturer was unable to repair it and couldn't replace it as they didn't have stock anymore. I ended up without a player.

I would suggest to buy another brand's player if you are looking long lasting quality player. While the player was okay with it's features and sound quality, the warranty service was awful. Especially as they could't replace the player with new one.

Hope this helps you.

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #507 of 609
I bought Activo CT10 in December. It broke 2 months later, screen simply went black and it didn't turn on anymore.

I sent it for warranty repair. Manufacturer was unable to repair it and couldn't replace it as they didn't have stock anymore. I ended up without a player.

I would suggest to buy another brand's player if you are looking long lasting quality player. While the player was okay with it's features and sound quality, the warranty service was awful. Especially as they could't replace the player with new one.

Hope this helps you.
yeah, i am having fiio m3k, guess i ll upgrade to hiby r2

Mar 15, 2021 at 10:17 AM Post #509 of 609
Wow!!! Thats really bad!!! ☹😡😡😡

Go to trading standards...seriously, they have to do something.

Visit Activo's Facebook, twitter, Instagram and message them up. Also message Astell directly!!!

I'm pleased with my player...but don't use it as much as I'd like....due to the issues with apks and having to search high and low for valid ones.

Believe Activo should provide regular updated lists for its user base. It show that you value your customer base....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back