Any London based Ray Samuels/Singlepower owners?
May 1, 2006 at 7:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

doctorjuggles

Member of the Trade: Cable Builder
I'd like to check these two makes out as usually one leads to recommendations of the other, so I was wondering if there were any London/Greater London area based Head-Fiers with a Raptor/HR-2/PPX/MPX that I might be able to audition, please?

May 1, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by doctorjuggles
I'd like to check these two makes out as usually one leads to recommendations of the other, so I was wondering if there were any London/Greater London area based Head-Fiers with a Raptor/HR-2/PPX/MPX that I might be able to audition, please?

You might try RobN .... he has several Singlepower amps.

May 2, 2006 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover
You might try RobN .... he has several Singlepower amps.

Hmmm. That's weird. The only info I can find about RobN is a feedback thread. No posts... he's not even listed in the Members List. Am I missing something?

May 2, 2006 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 12
Yep
smily_headphones1.gif
.... http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/member.php?u=1680

May 2, 2006 at 6:05 PM Post #5 of 12
Doctorjuggles,

ROBN is a regular poster on the forum and seems quite well informed.
Do I detect the Earmax has gone from your signature? Sold already? LOL

May 2, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
Doctorjuggles,

ROBN is a regular poster on the forum and seems quite well informed.
Do I detect the Earmax has gone from your signature? Sold already? LOL

It's gone to fund another upgrade.
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'm in an upward spiral at the moment and I'm not sure where/if it's going to stop.
The last few weeks has seen a Benchmark DAC1, ATH-A900LTD, HD25-1, Earmax and Shanling CD-T80 plus various cables and interconnects happen, and I'm not finished yet.

May 3, 2006 at 11:49 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

The last few weeks has seen a Benchmark DAC1, ATH-A900LTD, HD25-1, Earmax and Shanling CD-T80 plus various cables and interconnects happen, and I'm not finished yet.

Hi Justin, didn't know about the Shanling CD player. Would love to try it. I can predict a miniminimeet coming soon.
Man, this is what I call a severe form of upgraditis
etysmile.gif

BTW, in my previous PM I forgot to ask if you gave a thought to the Corda headfive. Could be a quite good sounding SS amp, it is really cheap, small and limited edition, so easy to resell if doesn't cut the mustard. I am thinking about it myself, the two drawback for me is that I don't like its looks and that there might be several months of wait.

London headfiers seem quite shy or really busy: I am sure there are a lot of them and a few owning SP or RS, but they just don't show up easily

May 3, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vic
Hi Justin, didn't know about the Shanling CD player. Would love to try it. I can predict a miniminimeet coming soon.
Man, this is what I call a severe form of upgraditis
etysmile.gif

BTW, in my previous PM I forgot to ask if you gave a thought to the Corda headfive. Could be a quite good sounding SS amp, it is really cheap, small and limited edition, so easy to resell if doesn't cut the mustard. I am thinking about it myself, the two drawback for me is that I don't like its looks and that there might be several months of wait.

London headfiers seem quite shy or really busy: I am sure there are a lot of them and a few owning SP or RS, but they just don't show up easily

Heh. Yeah, the Shanling was a bit of a 'spur of the moment' thing that I'm still not sure yet if I've made the right decision. It hasn't arrived yet, I'm expecting it to be here by Friday at the earliest, but of course, once I get it, you're welcome to audition it. Mini-meet will have to wait until after my exams (last one is on 25 May) but once those are out of the way, I'm more than happy to have another meet.

Yeah, serious upgraditis has happened, all due to the HD650 giving me a taste of what's possible. The DAC1 has added to that too, so I'm keen to get the whole chain completed now.

As for the Corda, I had thought of it, but I didn't think it would be that much of a step up from the A.N.T., although I might be wrong there. It's a long wait and, with no reviews, there's no guarantee it's even going to be an upgrade, rather than a 'sidegrade.'

May 3, 2006 at 4:42 PM Post #10 of 12
Doctorjuggles,

Can't help you with the RSA or Singlepower question although I have recently thought about a Hornet or SR-71. I also looked at getting some enormous beast from Mikhail but ended up going skiing instead (3 times!). Bit off-topic but if there was some sort of meet in or around London then I would be very interested in attending, bringing my toys of course.

Cheers,

Col

May 4, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Colhd
Doctorjuggles,

Can't help you with the RSA or Singlepower question although I have recently thought about a Hornet or SR-71. I also looked at getting some enormous beast from Mikhail but ended up going skiing instead (3 times!). Bit off-topic but if there was some sort of meet in or around London then I would be very interested in attending, bringing my toys of course.

Cheers,

Col

Well, after our last mini-meet and with this thread, I've received a lot of PMs plus there's been loads of interest in the threads themselves regarding a London meet.

I'm completely happy to go along with this. I think, with the interest that's been shown, there'd be quite a large turn-out.

I think the only problem is organising and venue. While I'm happy to do both, the venue at my place is a little on the small side, so it wouldn't be ideal if we had any more than 5 or 6 members.

The organisation comes with another caveat, as for the next 20 days I will be focusing all of my attention on exams.

That said, I'm happy to help with anything, so perhaps I should start a London meet thread and see what responses we get?

May 4, 2006 at 10:59 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Well, after our last mini-meet and with this thread, I've received a lot of PMs plus there's been loads of interest in the threads themselves regarding a London meet.

Justin,
if we keep getting all this interest we could rent the Royal Albert Hall for the next London meet
orphsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back