Any interest in a meet in Terneuzen, the Netherlands
Dec 13, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #211 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Would be very cool if you could come. The iRivers and Hornet would be a very nice addition to the list!

Talked to Dr. Xin, and my SM4LE will definitely get here before the meet. So you can add that and we can compare it to the Hornet! I'll also bring a podectomized iM716. I'd like to compare it to the ER-4p/s, so if someone has that lying around …
biggrin.gif

Anyone know they want to sell stuff at the meet yet?
tongue.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #212 of 416
Luuk and Dzjudz, how certain are you guys that you can come? If certain I'll add your gear to the list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Talked to Dr. Xin, and my SM4LE will definitely get here before the meet. So you can add that and we can compare it to the Hornet! I'll also bring a podectomized iM716. I'd like to compare it to the ER-4p/s, so if someone has that lying around …
biggrin.gif

Nice, will add it.
Quote:

Originally Posted by procreate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know they want to sell stuff at the meet yet?
tongue.gif

Depending on how good the K-1000 is, my RS-1/Mapletree combo might be up for sale.
eek.gif

But in all seriousness, if the K-1000 sounds like it could be better than the RS-1, which I doubt, then I'll need money to build an amp for it. The only way for me to do that is to sell the RS-1 and Mapletree.
Seeing as how I want to build speakers aswell sometime during 2007, I might aswell build a Pass Aleph 30 clone with a passive preamp, add a A/B function, and have an amp for both the K-1000 and speakers. I figure the roughly €500 I could potentially get for the Mapletree would be sufficient to build the power section of the Aleph 30. Selling the RS-1 on the European market will net me around €500-600 so that'll be enough for a decent preamp aswell as enough money to build decent speakers.
All in all, as much as I love the RS-1, the K-1000 would be the best option in the long run. That is if they sound equal or better than the RS-1. I'll decide at the meet if there are some decent amps for the beast.

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #213 of 416
Quote:

I figure the roughly €500 I could potentially get for the Mapletree would be sufficient to built the power section of the Aleph 30.

I call first dibs!
icon10.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #214 of 416
We'll see at the meet.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]Depending on how good the K-1000 is, first one to offer €1100 for the RS-1/Mapletree combo incl briefcase, 3 different pads, spare tubes, power transformer, at the meet, get's them! That said, depending on if I like the K-1000 more than the RS-1.[/size]

Dec 13, 2006 at 7:30 PM Post #215 of 416
Quote:

We'll see at the meet.
wink.gif

[size=xx-small]Depending on how good the K-1000 is, first one to offer €1100 for the RS-1/Mapletree combo incl briefcase, 3 different pads, spare tubes, power transformer, at the meet, get's them! That said, depending on if I like the K-1000 more than the RS-1.[/size]

[size=xx-small]Oh, that's a sneaky edit … I won't be that person, though.[/size]

Dec 13, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #217 of 416
EUR500 is a little too steep for me! Unfortunately. Coz eventually, I'll be selling the HF-1 and getting the RS1/MS-Pro!
wink.gif

And when the PPX3-SLAM arrives, I'll be finally ready to really really compare the K701 with the HD650. I've always found the K701 a tad better. That's with the stock HD650 cable, of course. After the real comparision, I'm afraid one of them has to go. Probably the HD650. I think together with the HF-1, that will finance my RS1/MS-Pro!

Actually, I really want to hear a Allesandro headphone, especially the MS-Pro together with the RS1...

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #218 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimpie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EUR500 is a little too steep for me! Unfortunately. Coz eventually, I'll be selling the HF-1 and getting the RS1/MS-Pro!
wink.gif

And when the PPX3-SLAM arrives, I'll be finally ready to really really compare the K701 with the HD650. I've always found the K701 a tad better. That's with the stock HD650 cable, of course. After the real comparision, I'm afraid one of them has to go. Probably the HD650. I think together with the HF-1, that will finance my RS1/MS-Pro!

Actually, I really want to hear a Allesandro headphone, especially the MS-Pro together with the RS1...

They aren't for sale yet! Most likely they won't be sold.
rs1smile.gif

But, if I really like the K-1000 and I can sell the RS-1 and Mapletree for fair market price I'll do so. Since they are allready in Europe I would preffer to sell to people from Europe. You won't have to pay taxes that you normally would though (which was roughly €100 on the RS-1 aswell as €100 on the Mapletree).
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:33 PM Post #220 of 416
Hi Digitalmind. Since you asked me to further discuss in this thread.. here I am
wink.gif
I'd like to come to Terneuzen as well
icon10.gif
By the way, I live in Amsterdam...

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:57 PM Post #224 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
By the way, I live in Amsterdam...

Who cares …
wink.gif
But, what kind of gear will you bring?
icon10.gif