Any interest in a meet in Terneuzen, the Netherlands
Aug 30, 2006 at 3:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 416

thrillmetoo

100+ Head-Fier
I'm aware of the fact that there have been several meetings in the Netherlands already, but for different reasons I didn't attend any of them. One of them is distance, another is free time.
Since I have enough room for gathering AND if needed staying overnight, I was wondering if there are enough headfiers in the Netherlands or Belgium to make this plan a reality, let's say during october or november. The headgear that I bring in are: PX100, PX200, DT831 and DT880.
Ton

Update:
Since date, time and place are set (see http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212777)
you are all invited to join the party!

Oct 23, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #2 of 416
this proposal is still valid...
December would also be fine.

Oct 23, 2006 at 12:53 PM Post #3 of 416
I'm up for either the last week of december or anytime from end january and later. I've allready contacted some people who would be interested in getting together sometime around end january, but if it's possible sometime between Christmass and new years I'll be there. I live in Germany so other times would be hard, unless it's November 11th.

Terneuzen is very out of the center of Holland though.

I can bring:

Grado RS-1
Beyer Dynamic DT770/600
AKG K-340

Mapletree Ear+ HD
Eddie Current EC-01
WXPH-12J

Cambridge Audio 640c

And any other cool stuff I pick up before then.

Oct 24, 2006 at 9:44 AM Post #4 of 416
the main reason I made this proposal is JUST BECAUSE Terneuzen is not in the centre of the Netherlands. I presumed there must be some headfiers like me in the southwest and Belgium, who miss out on all the fun because of the distance to gatherings and events. The group doesn't need to be that big. Starting from say five people, I think we could make this an interesting fruitfull day.
So let's hear it! (preferably through some nice cans)

Oct 30, 2006 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 416
The location isn't really a problem for me. I'll be coming from Amsterdam but it's doable, if the meet takes place on a date that I'm in holland. From here it'd be a 6 hour drive.

Anyone wanting to hitch a ride with me and share gas costs?

Nov 27, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #6 of 416
No people make me a saaaad panda.
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:27 AM Post #7 of 416
Yeah, it's a real bummer. Makes me feel very lonely here in Terneuzen...
Come on people, free drinks for everyone!!!
In the meantime, I have Senns HD 230 and 430 for comparison purposes.

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:59 AM Post #8 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm up for either the last week of december or anytime from end january and later. I've allready contacted some people who would be interested in getting together sometime around end january, but if it's possible sometime between Christmass and new years I'll be there. I live in Germany so other times would be hard, unless it's November 11th.

Terneuzen is very out of the center of Holland though.

I can bring:

Grado RS-1
Beyer Dynamic DT770/600
AKG K-340

Mapletree Ear+ HD
Eddie Current EC-01
WXPH-12J

Cambridge Audio 640c

And any other cool stuff I pick up before then.

I kind of sold the K-340 and EC-01, but I'll still have the much discussed Mapletree / RS-1 combo!
Possibly a chinese dac or different cd player by then aswell. Comon guys, let's get some people together. Anyone from the area around Hoofddorp and between there and Terneuzen is welcome to hitch a ride with me.

Nov 28, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #9 of 416
If somebody could pick me up by car (Ruhrgebiet) i would be in! Ill bring my Lite DAC 60, HA&W5000
wink.gif

Are there coffee shops in Terneuzen?
biggrin.gif

Ah however i wont be back from my holidays until mid january, so itd had to somewhere around end of january..

ps. maybe you should extend the topic to include neighbour countries. That will lure more people in
wink.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 416
Yes, yes, yes! But I can bring nothing...

Well, depending on the time: Go Vibe 5, Xin Super Macro LE (both on order), AKG K340. I'm just starting out, so it would be great for me to audition before buying. If it all doesn't work out, either a Heed or a Darkvoice. All a big "if" though …

EDIT: I can only attend during when it's an odd week number.

Dec 2, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #12 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by arielext /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll attend!

Great! How many people do we have now? Maybe the OP received PM's, too.

Dec 2, 2006 at 10:01 PM Post #13 of 416
If it could be after the holidays and on a Sunday, I would gladly come!
280smile.gif

Currently have:

Ultrasone PROline 2500
Sennheiser HD590
Ultrasone HFI-650
Sennheiser PX-100
Gear4 CruiseControl iPod Remote/MicroAmp

Awaiting and expect to have by January:

Ultrasone PROline 750
Koss KSC75
Heed Audio CanAmp
Go-Vibe V5S

...and possibly a few other surprises!

Cheers, Dex

Dec 4, 2006 at 1:10 PM Post #14 of 416
Those Ultrasones and the Heed would definitely be interesting!

So should we start picking a date?
I'm good for anything between Christmas and New Years, aswell as any weekend after the 20th of january.

Dec 4, 2006 at 8:46 PM Post #15 of 416
It seems we could form an interesting group for a meet. I propose we get together on a Sunday in January if possible. Please reply with the days you can attend so I can pick the actual date.
And yes, there are coffeeshops in Terneuzen. Just around the corner in fact. But I'm sure it's not adding anything to the highs we could have with our mutual madness...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back