Any interest in a meet in Terneuzen, the Netherlands
Dec 11, 2006 at 1:56 PM Post #166 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by tonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, yes I'm from the north east of England but always relish the chance to visit 'proper' Europe. Not sure if I'm driving yet (may have a spare seat) or might do train/ferry to Zeebrugge from Hull etc.
I should have something else to go with the GS1000 & H5 by then.

Cheers.

Just saw from your profile that you went from a SR-60 to a GS-1000, that's quite an upgrade!
If you're coming then that means we won't have to beg stores for a demo GS-1000. Great news, I've allways wanted to hear one (and am planning on demoing one between Christmas and new years). Are you planning on arriving saturday?

I added the GS-1000 and H5 to the list in the other thread.

Dec 11, 2006 at 2:01 PM Post #167 of 416
You definitely must come. If yes, we don't have to "bag" for GS1
rs1smile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonym /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hi, yes I'm from the north east of England but always relish the chance to visit 'proper' Europe. Not sure if I'm driving yet (may have a spare seat) or might do train/ferry to Zeebrugge from Hull etc.
I should have something else to go with the GS1000 & H5 by then.

Cheers.

Dec 11, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #168 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just bought KSC75 week ago and as far I can understand they share same drivers with PortaPro's. One big issue is that portapro sits more tighter on your head and that's why they have more bass response. The rest seems to be very similar.
When we have started the list, I was the only one who may take KSC75 to the meet as well. But now we have like 3 at least, not bad.

Well, maybe I'll get brave and Kramer-mod my KSC75s to compare with the stock versions.
wink.gif

I'll let Rik know if I manage it.

Dex

Dec 11, 2006 at 4:37 PM Post #169 of 416
Ah, you can tell us as well.
tongue.gif
plus pics, will be nice
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, maybe I'll get brave and Kramer-mod my KSC75s to compare with the stock versions.
wink.gif

I'll let Rik know if I manage it.

Dex

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #171 of 416
I may come from the UK, bring my HE60/HEV70 across...It's just a little far...I could take the Eurostar though? How far is it from the station?

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #172 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by juzmister /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I may come from the UK, bring my HE60/HEV70 across...It's just a little far...I could take the Eurostar though? How far is it from the station?

The Eurostar stops in Brussel, it's another 3 and a half hours from there with public transport -- 1 train and 2 busses.

Dec 11, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #173 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalmind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Eurostar stops in Brussel, it's another 3 and a half hours from there with public transport -- 1 train and 2 busses.

That's not the way to persuade people joining, Rik!
icon10.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #175 of 416
No, better would be: Let me know what time you'll arrive and I'll see to it that the hotel shuttle will be ready for you. Any preferences for food or drinks?
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #176 of 416
Well I'll be expecting a Maybach to be waiting at the station...If someone could pick me up and drop me off at the station I am up for it.

Dec 11, 2006 at 9:45 PM Post #177 of 416
It's a 90 minute drive to and from Brussel South, so with some searching and the like it'll take 4 hours from the hotel and back -- I just don't think that's doable since the day will allready be pretty filled.

I just sent payment for the K-1000 so it'll be there at the meet! I'll have to live like a poor sucker for a month but what the heck, I've done it before.
biggrin.gif

My biggest fear is having no amp to go with it.
frown.gif

k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Dec 11, 2006 at 10:46 PM Post #178 of 416
Quote:

I just sent payment for the K-1000 so it'll be there at the meet! I'll have to live like a poor sucker for a month but what the heck, I've done it before.
biggrin.gif

Great news, can't wait to hear them!

Quote:

My biggest fear is having no amp to go with it.
frown.gif
k1000smile.gif
k1000smile.gif

Well, Rik, the Obelisk will be waiting for you at the meet and if it can do for the K-1000 what I've heard it do for loudspeakers, we're all in for quite a treat!
k1000smile.gif

Dec 12, 2006 at 8:33 AM Post #179 of 416
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great news, can't wait to hear them!

Well, Rik, the Obelisk will be waiting for you at the meet and if it can do for the K-1000 what I've heard it do for loudspeakers, we're all in for quite a treat!
k1000smile.gif

I hope so. I can't wait to hear the thing. I should have it in 2 weeks or so so I can start using it with the JVC receiver. I *might* be able to build a Pass Aleph 30 clone before the meet but I don't think so. I'll have to sell lots of toys to be able to do that.
frown.gif

What's the retail on the Obelisk?

EDIT:
Quote:

Hi Rik,

Thank you! I check out with my bank, your payment will be here into 2 or 3 days. Your K-1000 is already packed.

Thank you again

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

This will be one merry Christmas and happy new year allright.
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back