Any information on upcoming ipods?
Jun 15, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #5 of 13
iPods will be refreshed or updated for Christmas. As was mentioned, I think Apple is done with dual platter drives in iPods, so keep an eye on sizes of single platter drives and flash memory. I think Apple would like to go all flash when possible, since that would cut a lot of warranty claims and extend battery life.

Jun 15, 2009 at 3:30 PM Post #6 of 13
I would think that with the iphone 32 gb coming out that a 64 gig solid state memory ipod would be just around the corner. Probably near christmas.

Jun 15, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by QQQ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will there be >160gbipods? 32gb nanos?

Yes all these sizes will be included ,but only 5gb of space w/ be available for music storage & the highest bit rate that you can encode music at will be 32kbps . On top of this it will only accept iTunes music files all other sources of music files will no longer be recognized. (Sorry, could'nt help myself!)

Jun 17, 2009 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 13
Mostly around september onwards.
Rumours/Pictures for the iPod Nano on AppleInsider | Apple Insider News and Analysis includes a camera. Also some patent filed by Apple recently for a new touch/click wheel, Not sure if it'll be avaliable around september.
iPod Touch would probably get a software refresh soon. Because of iPhone 3.0 OS.

AppleInsider are relatively accurate, the predictions on their website are most of the time correct.

Jun 17, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #10 of 13
I suspect that Apple prepare to go 100% flash memory.
So unless something drastically happens to flash memory (availability and prices) I do not expect a 160GB iPod in the recent future.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #11 of 13
what are the chances of a substantial change in the ipod classic set? I just got a classic recently but if there is going to be a huge change I can return it and wait a few months. The reason I don't just have a nano is I need at least 40-50 gigs of space

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 13
I think Apple will launch three new ipods this year, first ipod "touch nano" with 2.8in to 3.0in OLED touch screen and Also boost the capacity to 16GB plus. The ipod touch capacity willbe increased to 40GB plus n may have new 3.5in OLED touch screen. The upcoming ipod classic or 7G ipod will have bigger screen, new look n more features with same capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back