Any info on the PSB M4U 1?
Mar 9, 2013 at 4:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Dashstroyer

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know anything about this headset? Own it? Have listened to it? I can see the awesome reviews the PSB M4U 2 has obtained and not needing noise cancelling I am thinking about getting the new 1's. I live in fairly remote Australia though and have no opportunity to listen, I can not find any full reviews for this new headset yet. So anyone know anything?

Mar 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:
Aaand Bump.

Haha hey bud. Yeah I know a little bit. I actually had a pretty long conversation with a guy at Crutchfield about them. Thats actually one of the few places you can actually find them. Anyway, the guy i talked to had used them both. He said, basically, that the two headphones had the same sound signature. The only difference being the 2 has an amp and noise canceling build in. Now the thing is how much is that worth to you. I mean, if you have your own external amp already, or plan to you could actually have better sound quality (he said that, and i totally agree with his logic). Typically there's about a $100 USD difference between the two. Honestly, if it were me, and i didn't have any equipment, I'd buy the 1 and a basic amp/dac (think E10) and have a nice little set up. Honestly, I'm seriously considering buying the 1 as an open box from crutchfield and saving a few bucks.

Hope that all helps. Just note, I've never heard this can in person. But I've heard so many stellar things about its neutrality. And beyond just stellar things, I've heard these things from respected head fi members not "so guys, like, this is my first review, uhhhhhhhhhh......" Hahaha, good luck my friend.

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:34 PM Post #15 of 16
Oh so what my answer wasn't good enough 
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back