Any IEMs Similar to EPH-100 by Yamaha?
Oct 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Hero of Time

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any IEMs similar to the EPH-100, but with a little more bass. I've read that the GR07 from VSonic is similar, but that it has sharp highs sometimes. So, I was eyeing that GR07 Bass Edition set. Can anyone give an accurate description as to how these two IEMs relate, and if there may be another IEM that more accurately fits my description?

PS: I love my EPH-100 from Yamaha. I just want a little different sound is all (a tiny more bass)!

Oct 25, 2016 at 7:08 PM Post #3 of 7
Take a look at these:

http://audiocubes.com/products/sony-mdr-xb90ex-extra-bass-earphones?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=googlepla&variant=3207010433

Oct 26, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #4 of 7
Dunu dn 1000 they more subbass then bass.

Oct 26, 2016 at 1:36 PM Post #5 of 7
I don't want anything with too much bass that's just booming. For example, I've sat in cars that had huge amounts of bass for no reason with the subs just booming. I would rather have balanced sound with the sound signature inclined towards the bass side.

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #7 of 7
I have EPH-100 and still love it. But I rarely use it once I have LZ-A2, it is simply improvement in every regards (better bass, clearer mid, better treble extension) to EPH-100. Unfortunately it is not available anymore. The replacement, LZ-A2S seems not sounds closer to original A2; I never heard myself but many commenta it is warmer with more rolled of treble than A2.

So, might be A2S is closer to EPH100 sounding. Though if you can get A2, I recommend it very highly due to the improvement it has. Mine is not for sale :)

PS. I also have Yamaha HPH-200BL that I always bring in my bag everyday. It is a portable on-ear headphone version of EPH100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back