Any ideas for a pair of office headphones?
Nov 12, 2014 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Chris Haigh

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I don't expect anyone to be too interested in helping me in my search, but you never know.

I'm looking for a pair of headphones

I want to be able to hear what's going on around me at a decent level (My DT880s are great for this.)
I want other people to not be able to hear what I'm listening to unless it's at a particularly high volume (My DT880s are crap at this)

That is my only real requirement for these headphones. I'm even happy for the sound to be lacking if it means I can listen to metal, be able to hear my boss ask me questions and not have him moan about how crap metal is.

I imagine this is impossible, but any thoughts welcome.

Nov 12, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 4
The DT990 is semi open, as well.

Nov 19, 2014 at 5:09 PM Post #4 of 4
Mine are also supposedly semi-open, I would expect the same noise leak levels from the 990s

And I would expect the 770s to be similar to most closed back headphones, less sound leak and less idea of what's going on around you.

I think I'm looking for something that's just physically impossible with a microphone on the headphones recording what one would normally hear and playing it back through the headphones. Maybe I need to build a prototype, I'm sure someone will have done this before.

Anyway,thanks for your suggestions guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back