Any idea what the heck is this?
Jan 21, 2003 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Onix

Papá de Iñaki
A guy is selling this for around 15 bucks. The small picture doens't help neither the owner, who can't tell where is the model number. When I asked him about he said "it's a portable cd player model". Like I can't see that! Go figure. Anyway, if someone can help me identify it, please help. Gracias amigos.

Jan 21, 2003 at 3:21 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Mystyler
It looks similar to my Sony D-173.

Sorry Styler, I forgot to mention it's a Panasonic. But thanks.

Jan 21, 2003 at 4:25 PM Post #4 of 12
looks like a black version of my now dead SL-S361c!!

Panasonic made a few pcdps' that looked like this

D

Jan 21, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 12
Yep, It's a Pana. But the guy who seels it has no idea whatsoever about the model. That would help me decide if I get it or not. I was thinking that perhaps the button layout could help someone identify it. What do you guys think?

Jan 21, 2003 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 12
Don't they say the model number on the bottom? Can you ask the guy to look for it?

Jan 21, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Don't they say the model number on the bottom? Can you ask the guy to look for it?

Hey Rizumu. Yes, it says the model number both in the bottom and the lid. I told this to the seller and he hasn's replied yet. I wonder how can some people be so ignorant about their stuff, like "I have the player in front of me, but I don't know the model number". I mean, it's in front of him. Of course, the lid could be scratched and hard to read, but most the sticker on the bottom should be there. They are hard to peel. Anyway, It looks kinda like one of those old Panasonics Headroom liked so much about eigth years ago. I just want to be sure it is, since I don't want to buy a crappy player, even if it's cheap.

Jan 22, 2003 at 8:43 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Anyway, It looks kinda like one of those old Panasonics Headroom liked so much about eigth years ago

I didn't know they've been here so long
eek.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 24, 2003 at 2:20 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
I didn't know they've been here so long
eek.gif

Hey, sorry it took too long for reply. Yep, the first time I heard about Headroom was around 1996, and they had been our there for a while before then. By the way, the selle finally found the model number, it's a sl-s261c. Tuberoller has one, and according to him, it's the bes portable he has ever heard! It also has good reviews in ePionions. I have a picture of it, it looks kinda ugly.

So anyway, it's going for around 22 bucks now. I hope I can keep it under 30. Anybody has any ideas on how much would be a fair price to pay for it?

Jan 24, 2003 at 4:08 PM Post #11 of 12
I think I have that player. I'll check out the model number when I get home.

Jan 24, 2003 at 5:16 PM Post #12 of 12
my ex has that one. i borrowed i used it for quite a while. from what i can remember it's a pretty nice sounding little thing, but far from the best portable i've heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back