Any Houston Meets?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #31 of 127
Quote:
 Only a 3hr drive.

I don't THINK so!

Visited my dad and stepmother many times at Preston Tower (the meet location) from Houston.  It's the same highway as back in the day and the same 245 miles.

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #32 of 127
Hey guys. New to the forums, and I am another Houstonian who is up for a meetup. I have an LCD2 / PanAm combination with 3 different sets of tubes (Chinese OEM, Mullard and Clifte). Considering new headphone cables and an ALO Gateway to boot. Live in the Memorial area, just west of the Galleria.

Aug 31, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #33 of 127
I don't THINK so!

Visited my dad and stepmother many times at Preston Tower (the meet location) from Houston.  It's the same highway as back in the day and the same 245 miles.

Hmmm yea reconsidering going there lol. Anyone have a big basement to host us in? Perhaps a small convention hall at a hotel?

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #34 of 127
Quote:
Quote:
I don't THINK so!

Hmmm yea reconsidering going there lol. Anyone have a big basement to host us in? Perhaps a small convention hall at a hotel?

Some actual Houston peep(s) need to organize a meet, mini or regular.  I live a hundred miles west, now, and can't do the long distance organizing though I'd attend for sure.  Sweet Spot Audio and More hosted one about three-ish years ago but they're near NASA.  Driving a hundred miles and then fighting the Gulf Freeway the last thirty on a Saturday was murder.

I'd bring this:

Sep 1, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #35 of 127
My office is in the Memorial area and I am happy to throw it into the pot for a meetup. There is a gotcha: it is only around 600 square feet, so we could really only have 3 to 5 people and gear. My biggest challenge is that weekends are tough for me and weekday evenings are best. I travel regularly, so family time on weekends is my only time to really be an active father and husband.

Sep 1, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #36 of 127
Quote:
My office is in the Memorial area and I am happy to throw it into the pot for a meetup. There is a gotcha: it is only around 600 square feet, so we could really only have 3 to 5 people and gear. My biggest challenge is that weekends are tough for me and weekday evenings are best. I travel regularly, so family time on weekends is my only time to really be an active father and husband.

Ahh, too bad, count me out.  

I hope others will take advantage.

And, there must be pics afterwards or it didn't happen.
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #37 of 127

I just found this thread, and this actually works great for me!  I also allocate weekends primarily to my wife and kids, and football these times of the year.  Weekdays are work, so weekday nights is great.

All of the gear in my profile is available to bring to a meet, but obviously not all of it.

I offered my home in Sugar Land a month or so back on another thread but that gained no traction.  I no longer can offer that as my family is back in town.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #38 of 127
Another Houstonian here checking in.  I'm up in the Atascocita/Kingwood area on the NE side.  Does anyone actually live inside the 610, or are we all out in 'burbs?  Some kind of central location inside the city that's roughly equidistant for everyone would be nice, but then there's the matter of where we could have an actual meet.  Are there any libraries with meeting rooms that we could reserve?  I know the Harris County library branches in Clear Lake and Atascocita have meeting rooms, but they're both outside the beltway.

Sep 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM Post #39 of 127
Since this is kind of the Houston thread, I was wondering if anyone would want to swap headphones for a couple of weeks.  In particular, I'm looking for an HD800.  I can give in exchange a TH-900 or W3000ANV.

Sep 24, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #40 of 127
I live in Katy and would be interested in a meet if one is organized.  Be sure to post any here.  Mainly I would like to bring my portable rig and hear how it compares with some other guy's rigs.  I think mine is pretty great but can't help but wonder how much room there is to improve.  Thanks.

Oct 18, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #41 of 127
  Since this is kind of the Houston thread, I was wondering if anyone would want to swap headphones for a couple of weeks.  In particular, I'm looking for an HD800.  I can give in exchange a TH-900 or W3000ANV.

Offer still stands for any kind soul!

Oct 31, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #43 of 127
  I'm up for a meet close to Houston, since I was unable to attend the Austin meet weeks before. Gonna bring my portable setup and maybe my HD600.

I recommend this one in January.  Looks like they're going to have some interesting vendors as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/678382/head-fi-austin-january-18-2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back