Any Houston Meets?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #16 of 127
Quote:
Fun Fact: Guitar Center actually has amazing prices on used cans quite often. They're usually at stores across the US, but if you call that store they'll ship to you no problem. You just need to keep a keen eye out on their used stuff.

I never knew this.  I had called a few weeks back and they indicated to me that they did not have many cans at all.  I went there and was shocked when I started asking to audition some different cans and they start coming out with the boxes.  Do you just look online for the used headphone deals?

Oct 8, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #17 of 127
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Headphones-Pro-Audio.gc

There's the Headphones page. Just check regularly on their 'Used' and 'Blemished' options. Some great deals pop up sometimes.

Blemished HD650 right now. I don't think 'Blemished' items are excluded on coupons either.

Quote:
I never knew this.  I had called a few weeks back and they indicated to me that they did not have many cans at all.  I went there and was shocked when I started asking to audition some different cans and they start coming out with the boxes.  Do you just look online for the used headphone deals?

Oct 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #18 of 127
Quote:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Headphones-Pro-Audio.gc

There's the Headphones page. Just check regularly on their 'Used' and 'Blemished' options. Some great deals pop up sometimes.

Blemished HD650 right now. I don't think 'Blemished' items are excluded on coupons either.

Thanks for the link.  I will keep a watch there.  I also watch the B-stock outlet at headroom, they usually have good deals on open box items.

Oct 9, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #19 of 127
I did not realize, but Guitar Center in Houston has some alright cans that they will let you try out.  Beyerdynamics Dt770s and Dt880s.  Shure 840s and 940s.  AKG Q701s.  Also they match online prices in case anyone is interested.  Wish there were more shops with hi-end headphones.

Ehh....I've kinda left Mid-Fi. LOL I'm being a bit snobby. Seriously while the LCD-2's make your head and neck hurt the instrument separation is out of this world. You hear guitars in like the bottom left of your ear it's crazy!

Thomas

Oct 9, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #20 of 127
Quote:
Ehh....I've kinda left Mid-Fi. LOL I'm being a bit snobby. Seriously while the LCD-2's make your head and neck hurt the instrument separation is out of this world. You hear guitars in like the bottom left of your ear it's crazy!
Thomas

Well I am dying for a chance to audition some cans from audeze or some hi-fi cans in general.  Just very little way to do that it seems, here in Houston.  I am beginning to run out of options within the mid-fi range, have a few on my "want to try" list still.  Q701s being one of them.  My wallet is already hating me, I am sure it will leave if I try to step up to hi-fi.

Oct 9, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #21 of 127
I'd say if it's impossible for you to make it to Dallas this weekend to hold off on anything big until March if you can. There's going to be a ton of good gear there to try that could be considered the next step up for you. Auditioning stuff is great when you never get the chance, and it'd be a shame to be broke right before you go to a meet because you bought something new a week before.

I made that mistake 2 years ago at the first Austin meet.

Quote:
Well I am dying for a chance to audition some cans from audeze or some hi-fi cans in general.  Just very little way to do that it seems, here in Houston.  I am beginning to run out of options within the mid-fi range, have a few on my "want to try" list still.  Q701s being one of them.  My wallet is already hating me, I am sure it will leave if I try to step up to hi-fi.

Jul 5, 2013 at 11:46 AM Post #23 of 127
Aug 22, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #25 of 127
Maybe the few of on here should just meet up somewhere with what ever portable gear we have and see where it takes us.  I am always up for meeting people with the same interest as me!  I am in East Houston and we have incredible Mexican food over here!

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #27 of 127
My fav is Teotihuacan on Airline.

Aug 26, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #29 of 127
Quote:
Quote:
My fav is Teotihuacan on Airline.

I assume you mean the one by the woodland heights...I used to live right over there.  I feel obligated to take you to a proper mexican meal...

Right arm!  Airline @ North Main.  Lived in the (regular) Heights for years.  Yours is gonna hafta be rilly good for my (now) 100 mile trip.

Somebody local needs to get the ball rolling on at least a mini-meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back