Any headphone black friday deals?
Nov 22, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #4 of 48
I don't think it's a question of asking too early, it's just that the deals [on everything] are pretty lame this year.

The best deals (in my experience) come out of the blue, when you're not expecting them. If you're lucky, you'll snag a nice item at a good price, and if not, you'll kick yourself for not checking head-fi that day [for me, it's the 1-day Newegg sale on the HD 25-1 IIs]
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 22, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 48
I was on the phone with HeadRoom's sales dept the other day and I remember them saying that they expect to have a large B-stock selection after Thanksgiving. Their returns guy is on vacation so there's a backlog building up, plus I think there's just the issue of lots of sales and returns around that time.

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #7 of 48
I find amazon has good deals on black friday. e.g iirc ipod nanos' normally go for $190-200 on there, for the $200 ones anywa,y, but black friday usually brings them to $180 or less, and last year I recall the ipod touch I was planning on getting being as low as $340, instead of $400, so if those players tend to get major black friday discounts, and they normally are at full cost, it is easy to assume that other things might go cheap as well.

Also the sale prices seem to keep dropping until black friday more or less, but then they go to being worse than usual or at least fairly bad soon after black friday, so watch closely, that's what I am doing with the HD 595's, if I can get a new pair for $150 I'll be happy, they have been $168-169 for the last week mostly.

Nov 22, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #11 of 48
Nov 22, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #13 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by backwardsname /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was on the phone with HeadRoom's sales dept the other day and I remember them saying that they expect to have a large B-stock selection after Thanksgiving. Their returns guy is on vacation so there's a backlog building up, plus I think there's just the issue of lots of sales and returns around that time.

Ah, thanks for the tip! I'll be checking that for these elusive HD 25s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since headphones aren't exactly demanded by the general public, I'm going with "It's not going to happen."

Unfortunately, I think you're right. The only phones the public demands are designer looking/sub-par sounding ones.

Quote:

Originally Posted by juniperlater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Accessories4Less has a Black Friday section that is yet to be populated. Don't know what will make it on there.

Well, it doesn't look like the site carries headphones :/

Nov 23, 2009 at 3:53 AM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by migs008 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone here know if stores sell their headphones online with black friday deals? Specifically the Denon D7000.

I've been checking prices daily for both the 5000 & 7000. I've seen more price movement on the 5000 than the 7000. Amazon prices have changed almost daily during the last week. My strategy is checking late every night and again in the morning. IMO your best price will be found on the internet as opposed to a B & M store with Amazon almost always having the lowest price. What's still unknown is whether Black Friday sales will extend to the high end electronic products.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back