Any headband mods for the ms1?
Nov 28, 2006 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Love my MS1 but with little hair on my head to cushion the headband it can be a little rough on scalp.Im not looking to replace the band but just to add some cushion to it.Im sure someone has modded the band but I cant seem to find it except to change the whole band which is too expensive and beyond my skills to pull it off. Thanks

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:18 PM Post #3 of 23
I have the same problem with my Grados (SR80 and later HF1). You can go the Beyer headband route as Advil suggested, or if you're a cheapskate like me you go for the ghetto mod using of a bit of foam and a couple of wire ties:

ghetto1.jpg

I've since made a cover for that with some fabric and velcro fastenings, which looks almost like it belongs, although comfort is the same
cool.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the same problem with my Grados (SR80 and later HF1). You can go the Beyer headband route as Advil suggested, or if you're a cheapskate like me you go for the ghetto mod using of a bit of foam and a couple of wire ties:

ghetto1.jpg

I've since made a cover for that with some fabric and velcro fastenings, which looks almost like it belongs, although comfort is the same
cool.gif

PICTURES!

Nov 28, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 23
The fabric wraps around the headband one and a half times, and is secured to itself with velcro which is stiched in. You can see the velcro from the back, i would have used black but didn't have any to hand.

ng.jpg

Shot from the side/top. The stitching is actually more or less striaght, but because it's such a tight fit it gets pulled around somewhat:

ng2.jpg

The camera flash makes it look a bit more blue than it is in the flesh for some reason.

Nov 29, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for great pictures.My big question is where can I buy some foam like I see in these mods? thanks again Matt

I think those guys have been rummaging in the trash for that true ghetto style

I would be worried about those plastic ties marking the original headband!

Seriously, you should find some in some packaging for something or other!

Nov 29, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #11 of 23
as said above, for 12 bucks shipped you can get a Beyerdynamic DT770 headband pad that will snap right over your current MS-1 band. check my sig for the link!

Nov 29, 2006 at 4:38 PM Post #12 of 23
Yeah Grado headbands are not very forgiving for the folically challenged. I used an SR series headband modded with a DT770 cushion on my MS2.

dscn61943rv.jpg

dscn61932iu.jpg

Nov 29, 2006 at 4:43 PM Post #14 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattg3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
12bucks shipped is a no brainer for me.Thanks for the link.

Kramer read your mind! The pad will look just like the one snapped on that MS-2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back