Any Head-fi'ers in the SF Bay Area want to throw a listening party?
May 11, 2008 at 12:51 AM Post #17 of 36
I have been talking with Voltron about hosting a meet in a bout 6-8 weeks in the city if we can find an appropriate venue for it.
While it might cost more in the city it could be a blast and if we have enough people attend it offsets the cost.

PS I am down for a mini most weekends

May 12, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #18 of 36
I would love to attend, and wouldn't mind chipping in for the cost.

Missed the last one because of the HF blackout . . . I didn't write down the location beforehand.
frown.gif

May 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #19 of 36
Absolutely!!!

I would be available for a mini-meet in Berkeley or other North Bay location next Monday, through Thursday. I am not sure if I will be in San Jose or Berkeley on weekends this summer, but if you ever want to do a mini-meet, we could arrange something. However, I am all for an SF meet. That would be awesome. Gear in sig for your drooling pleasure.
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #20 of 36
Cheers JP# - SF meet would be a blast.

May 13, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #21 of 36
As I said before, sounds good to me. I have wanted to hear some new amps as that is the only piece I am missing as I sold my WA6 recently. Not a tube fan. I want to hear some solid state amps and some DACs as I am considering getting rid of the microdac.

May 14, 2008 at 4:37 AM Post #22 of 36
I'm completely new to the area, but I'd be way down for a meet. Especially if it's within San Francisco. Fingers crossed for Van Ness, because that would be probably within walking distance.

Beer good.

May 14, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #23 of 36
We've got interest, now all's we need is location and a date. Berkeley mini-meet next week works for me...I'm on an unemployment paycheck these days so my time is pretty much open.

May 14, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by rmance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great, making me figure out how to get to Berkeley from downtown SF. Now yer gon git me all confused.
wink.gif
I'm too new here for that stuff.

I live walking distance from the Downtown Berkeley BART.

May 14, 2008 at 8:17 AM Post #27 of 36
I live in Mountain View, but SF wouldn't be a problem at all.

May 15, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #29 of 36
Oh man, I just saw this thread. Starting to upgrade my audio equipment, I would love to listen to other other equipment. I think I'm set on a pair of AKG's and a Zero DAC/amp, which I'm sure is on the lower end of components compared to everyone else. Would it be possible for a teen to attend this?

May 15, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by jp11801 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been talking with Voltron about hosting a meet in a bout 6-8 weeks in the city if we can find an appropriate venue for it.
While it might cost more in the city it could be a blast and if we have enough people attend it offsets the cost.

I should definitely be down with that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back