Any Head-Fi'ers in Idaho? Also Utah/Wyoming/Montana?
Oct 27, 2008 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
The reason I ask is that I love that general part of the country (all of the West, really), and spent quite a bit of time in Idaho this past summer. Unfortunately for me, I packed light in the headphone department (in favor of photography and videography gear).

In any case, I'm hoping to spend more and more time out that way and just wonder who lives in the general vicinity that I might drop in on one day. I've visited Todd (our Vinyl Junkie friend) twice in the past couple of years, and have also visited Headroom (in Bozeman, MT) and Mikhail at Singlepower Audio (in Denver, CO). These kinds of last minute impromptu visits always make traveling solo a lot more fun.

If figured it would be fun to start putting together a "Head-Fi road map" (of sorts) of people and places to visit as I'm passing through in the motorhome. I'll buy lunch. Promise.

I'm planning to bring quite a few headphones and some smallish amps with me this Spring, but probably not enough gear to host a rolling Head-Fi meet as such.

Oct 27, 2008 at 5:10 PM Post #2 of 13
Anyone?

Oct 28, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #3 of 13
You need to drive a little farther west and visit Seattle. We have quite a Head-Fi contingent in the area. I'll swap you a tour of your motorhome for a tour of the grounds of The Biggest Software Company In the World (I think it's still the biggest).

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:47 AM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need to drive a little farther west and visit Seattle. We have quite a Head-Fi contingent in the area. I'll swap you a tour of your motorhome for a tour of the grounds of The Biggest Software Company In the World (I think it's still the biggest).

That sounds like fun, actually. I'd love to see that big campground! I'm sure there would be a place to park my rig.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheMiataMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you visit Oregon you can couch surf at my place.

I spent a week in Oregon this past summer, just outside of Medford. Then drove back across the Northern part of the state on I-84 (amazing views for an interstate highway!) to Spokane, then on to Montana.

I may just be heading up that way enroute to Alaska this coming spring. No worries about the couch, I'll bring my own.
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2008 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 13
i'm in SLC, utah, native from boulder, co (had no idea mikhail was from denver, yet another absoltue pinnacle company out of CO (in addition to boulder amps, grace labs, etc))

i know theres another regular posting member from orem (a bit north of me) and iirc theres another guy from st george or provo or something (southern, and thats about all i know, so yeah, afaik theres only 3 utahns on head-fi)

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 13
There might be as many as four of us from utah here.

Possibly more that lurk, or don't admit it.

Oct 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 13
OK, I counted. There are four. Including me, obobskivich, and two people who posted in my mini-meet thread.

Might have something to do with the shame of living in the state that spawned skullcandy and earhugger?

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I counted. There are four. Including me, obobskivich, and two people who posted in my mini-meet thread.

Might have something to do with the shame of living in the state that spawned skullcandy and earhugger?

yeah, yeah thats pretty bad

dude earhugger is utahn too???

i have to move. i thought it was bad with skullcandy, but earhugger, that ain't right...

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, yeah thats pretty bad

dude earhugger is utahn too???

i have to move. i thought it was bad with skullcandy, but earhugger, that ain't right...

Yeah. Earhugger is based in Lindon. Which is just north of Orem, which is 40 miles south of you. You're thinking of Ogden being north of you.

I figure if either of these companies is ever interested in getting serious, they can ask us over to give them some opinions - but I'm not holding my breath.

Mar 20, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #13 of 13
Southeast Idaho representing *raises hand*

I live in Rexburg, work in Idaho Falls.  Lived in SLC for 15 years.  Just came up here several years back.

We get down to SLC every couple of months, on average.

-Randy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back