Any Harley Riders Here?
Feb 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Tgun5

Head-Fier
Before you get the wrong idea, I'm not a rice burner basher. Whatever you ride is great. I've owned Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, and now Harleys. My wife and I both ride Road Kings. I've ridden since age 18 and am now 52.

If I had to choose between giving up audio and riding it would be a tough decision.

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 28
I love motorcycles. Havent really rode anything on the street, since I dont have my liscence yet. But for dirt, I ride a 1991 Honda CR 500 and a 2005 Kawasaki KDX 220. Both excelent bikes in different ways. My dad owns a 1970 Triumph T-100 chopper which is awesome. I personally would prefer a more unique sportbike such as an Aprilia Mille or Triumph Daytona to a cruiser or Harley. But I love the older Harleys. You know, the ones that have a kickstarter, vibrate like crazy, and leak oil. The new Harleys and cruisers are just waaaaaay too popular nowadays.

Feb 27, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgun5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before you get the wrong idea, I'm not a rice burner basher. Whatever you ride is great. I've owned Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, and now Harleys. My wife and I both ride Road Kings. I've ridden since age 18 and am now 52.

T; Does Buell count? Actually it is an authentic Eric Buell creation, a pre-H-D S-1. I have also ridden rice burners for most of my riding years, 15-50, but recently, the past 5-10 years, I've picked up two KTMs, a Montesa and the S-1. My primary bike is stiil a Yamaha Roadstar.
2070157959_e6e5a3c3d9.jpg

Shown here rigged for solo touring.

Feb 27, 2008 at 10:33 AM Post #4 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tgun5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Before you get the wrong idea, I'm not a rice burner basher. Whatever you ride is great. I've owned Kawasaki's, Yamaha's, and now Harleys.

Damnit, and here I was looking forward to bashing Harley riders. I can't really do that now can I?

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I ride a rice burner trackside. Not a big fan of the road (most of the time). I don't think a Harley would be much good on the track.

Feb 27, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #5 of 28
My wife road a Roadstar Millenium for 3 years and loved it. The bike that I rode that was my favorite was a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic.

Roadstar
roadstar5copyyh5.jpg

Kawasaki
kawasakivulcanlx2.jpg

My current bike
harley23kz4.jpg

Feb 27, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damnit, and here I was looking forward to bashing Harley riders. I can't really do that now can I?

Sure you can. Check this out.....

Q: How do you know a Harley® rider invented the toothbrush?

A: If he rode an Indian® he would have named it a teethbrush.

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #10 of 28
You guys are very lucky. I took the MSF coarse and got my license only to let my wife-to-be beg me out of it. I envy the hell out of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by number1sixerfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys are very lucky. I took the MSF course and got my license only to let my wife-to-be beg me out of it. I envy the hell out of you.
smily_headphones1.gif

I hope the "offsets" were worth it.

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:13 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope the "offsets" were worth it.

Definitely...I'd take the girl over the bike anyday.
biggrin.gif

I actually think I would have quit on my own, just because of the way people drive here in cincy. Still...riding a sportsbike is the most fun I have ever had in my life.

Feb 28, 2008 at 11:16 PM Post #13 of 28
I've owned a harley, 2 suzukis, 2 hondas, and a kawasaki. I miss all of them. This go round, I bought an old bmw sedan instead, because I'm recovering from moving back from alaska. But another bike or 2 is in the cards. My goal is to have an FXRP and a triumph sport bike.

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #14 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by gz76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I ride a rice burner trackside. Not a big fan of the road (most of the time). I don't think a Harley would be much good on the track.

As bikes are one of my passions I have a small collection.
1975 Harley Davidson RR350. They made 35 of them and won the 350cc gp world championship in 1975
1975 Harley Davidson RR 250 They made 25 and won the 250cc gp world championship in 73, 74 and 75..
1975 XR 750 Flat Tracker. Dominated flat tracking for years
1975 350 ers Flat tracker. Great learning tool for dirt ovals

They also made a 4 cly 500cc gp bike in 1975 I came up short a few buck on a trade for one of them (made 16) two years ago, an excellent 250cc 1975 motocrosser and a road race version of the xr750 that dominated for a few years.

They made some fine track bikes, most in connection with Aermacchi in Italy which they owned. Although I have a few Harley road bikes I ride an old Yamaha VMax on the street. Fun stuff
Hill

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:08 AM Post #15 of 28
No Harley for me, yet.
But I own a 2008 Honda VFR 800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back