Any good XBOX 360 games out there?
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:54 AM Post #16 of 30
TheKisho: really? The modes stay unlocked in your game? I've had to re-enter them. Also, how do you farm gold?
Good point on Knives' striker though...the easy way out would be Kim, of course.

Nov 25, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #18 of 30
Quote:
TheKisho: really? The modes stay unlocked in your game? I've had to re-enter them. Also, how do you farm gold?
Good point on Knives' striker though...the easy way out would be Kim, of course.

They are always in the main menu for me under something like "Extra Game Modes."  That one might only stay unlocked if you unlock both in the same session.  The easiest way to farm change in the game is to pick a level (or segment of a level) you know and can do reasonably quickly.  I find you end up with more money at the end, within a similar time period, as boss rush.  I cannot off the top of my head remember which level produces the most money at the end but I'd recommend playing level 3 on the hardest difficulty setting (more people to beat up on that level when set at that setting).

That would be a cheap move in terms of creativity.  I guess if I really wanted to know I can look up the PSN version (which is already out >_<).

Nov 25, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #19 of 30
Assassins Creed II. What an awesome game this is. Too bad that to get most of the story you pretty much have to play AC1 first. This is a problem. AC1, while being incredibly immersive and atmospheric, is quite flawed and tedious. AC2 fixed everything and skyrocketed the quality. Cant wait to start playing AC Brotherhood but alas I have to finish New Vegas first.

Mass Effect 1 & 2. ME2 is somewhat superior as a game where ME1 is easily superior as serious hardcore Scifi story. (ME2 takes far too many "unscientific" liberties) Have to play both to get best, though this time ME1 isnt as tedious as ME1. Infact it used to be one of my fav Action/RPGs, and story and characters still are overall superior to ME2. But in any case, your character can be imported and choices you have made have an impact on ME2. Hell, it is even recommended as the "default" version of ME2 sucks balls depending on what kind of character you like to play as it has about every apparently-poor choice of ME1 prechosen.

However, if you have a gaming PC I'd rather get both Mass Effects on PC.

Fallout 3 & New Vegas. Fantastic games. But these I would also get on PC if possible. FPS RPG on gamepad is not exactly ideal compared to keyboard+mouse.

Dragon Age Origins. Again PC recommended BY FAR (more tactical) but if not then Xbox360 version will do fine. Very good RPG.

Forza 3. Probaply best car simulator there is. Nuff said.

Tales Of Vesperia. If you like JRPGs, this is a good choice. Avoid Final Fantasy XIII. That game is a dissapointment.

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #20 of 30

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 & 2. ME2 is somewhat superior as a game where ME1 is easily superior as serious hardcore Scifi story. (ME2 takes far too many "unscientific" liberties) Have to play both to get best, though this time ME1 isnt as tedious as ME1. Infact it used to be one of my fav Action/RPGs, and story and characters still are overall superior to ME2. But in any case, your character can be imported and choices you have made have an impact on ME2. Hell, it is even recommended as the "default" version of ME2 sucks balls depending on what kind of character you like to play as it has about every apparently-poor choice of ME1 prechosen.

I agree with most of that regarding the first game vs. the sequel. I love Mass Effect 2, but the original Mess Effect just appealed to me more overall. Here's why:

The first game just felt much more open and expansive. Landing on planets, driving around as I pleased.... these qualities gave the game a sense of exploration and vastness that the sequel lacks in my opinion. Everything about ME2 is constricted. The game is broken down into "levels" now with boundaries and a linear path. Along the same lines, everything in ME2 is finite. The resources are limited, the amount of money you are able to ever acquire is limited, the weapons and gear you come across are fewer and much less customizable. Plus now you have to worry about fuel, so even your space travel is finite. Personally, I loved never having to worry about that stuff in the first game.

All this is questionable from a story perspective. Take the dreaded "heat clips." Supposedly guns are MORE advanced now that they have this cooling system and wont overheat, but that's just silly. In essence they took a gun with infinite ammo and gave it a finite amount of ammo. Honestly, which technology sounds more advanced: having clips that cool a gun off and allow it to fire, or having a never-ending supply of ammunition with the caveat being you have to limit the rate of fire? The heat clips would have made much more sense from a story-line perspective if they were optional. I can see why Bioware chose the ammo restriction given the increased emphasis on combat however.

That's the trade-off. ME2 is able to achieve a level of detail far greater than the original game's regarding weapons, armor, environments and missions. In the first game, all the side-missions felt a bit "cookie-cutter" owing to the same handful of level designs that kept repeating ad nauseam. That was a small price for me to pay however given the sheer vastness of the universe the original Mass Effect was able to achieve. Still, I enjoyed ME2 thoroughly and appreciate the different emphasis in gameplay even if I prefer the original.

Also, since this is head-fi, I feel obligated to mention I felt the original Mass Effect's soundtrack was much more enjoyable than the sequel's. The electronic-based compositions just felt way more space-agey than more traditional symphonic music.

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #26 of 30
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is awesome.

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #27 of 30

Quote:
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood is awesome.

1+

1st and the 2nd one, 

Halo Series (3 and up)
Grand Theft Auto
Splinter Cell
Mortal Kombat
Midnight Club Series
Call Of Duty Series 
Spider Man (1&2)
ELDER SCROLLS: OBLIVION 
FALLOUT 3

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #29 of 30